DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Downtown Wilmington - Legal District
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We booked only one night, part of a roadtrip. Location is nice, not far from I-95 but we were a bit concerned about parking. Hotel charges 10$ for overnight parking or 15$ if you want in and out priviledges. We asked about parking on the street at the front desk during check-in which was super fast and easy, and the gentleman was nice enough to let us know parking on the street was free (not metered) and unrestricted during the week-end. We scored a parking spot right in front of the lobby. The reason for free parking during the week-end is that it seems the city becomes a ghost town in the week-end, everything but a few coffee shops were closed. The king bed provided us with a comfortable sleep, everything was in good working condition in the bathroom. Bottom line, we had a good night sleep which is exactly what we were looking for. They didn't give us our cookies at check-in nor in the room, so when we checked out we mentioned it and the lady gave us our cookies (o:

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
AFiler, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Downtown Wilmington - Legal District, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Sam B,

Thank you for sharing feedback on your recent stay with us. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed it. Our guests feedback is very important to us. That feedback helps us to continue and improve our services and provide an even better guest experience.

Please do not heistate to contact me at any time. We do hope to see you again the next time you are in the Wimlington area.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

My arrival at the hotel the check in service was very quick and staff was very friendly. I also received a warm cookie that made me feel even more welcome. The rooms were very clean warm and inviting. I love the decor and the luxury towels and bath products. I was very confortable and relax my whole stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
AFiler, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Downtown Wilmington - Legal District, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Michelle,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your stay. Our guests feedback is of utmost importance to us. We are very happy to here you enjoyed your stay. Please do not hesitate to contact me at any time. We do hope to see you again in the near future.

General manager

Reviewed April 18, 2013

The staff was efficient and helpful without intruding. Staff knew we were guests in the hotel, giving us a warm greeting when they saw us in the lobby. The room was clean and pleasant. When wanted beverage glasses and plastic bag for the ice bucket it was promptly delivered even though I am sure the usual maintenance personnel had gone for the day. When requested van service to the train station the driver was on time and pleasant. .

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
AFiler, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Downtown Wilmington - Legal District, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Thank you for writing a review on Tripadvisor, the hotel appreciates all of our guests feedback. The teams will be glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. I can honestly say they do care about our guests and pride themselves on giving everyone great customer service.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at any time. We do hope to see you again!

Reviewed April 18, 2013

My colleague and I were only in town for two days and one night and chose this hotel because our sales rep was staying there as well. This place was wonderful!

Colleen at the front desk was very welcoming. Our rooms weren't ready yet (we arrived at 11am and did not expect them to be ready) but she offered to keep our bags and to call us a cab so we could get on to our meeting. Upon our arrival back that evening, we checked in, got our cookies (yum) and went to our respective rooms.

Room was very clean with lots of lamps and plenty of places to plug in chargers for cell phone, Ipads, etc. Complimentary soap smelled great. Hairdryer blows super strong. The blackout curtains are a bit hard to find. There is a set of curtains, a set of sheers and then the blackout curtains are behind the sheers. Room temperature was fine. Water pressure was great.

Fitness room is small, but adequate. Pool area is very clean with plenty of towels. Lots of places to walk to for dining and entertainment.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 2nd floor over the pool tend to smell like chlorine.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Candy995

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay, we greatly appreciate all of our guests feedback. I am very glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us and will share your comments with our teams. They certainly enjoy to hear they are doing a great job.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at any time. We do hope to see you again the next time you are in Wilmington.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

After a bad experience at another location, over 15 years and vowing to never stay at any DoubleTree hotel again, I must stay that I was pleasantly surprised. Check-in was smooth, enjoyed our warm cookies, our room was as expected, drinks at the with a side of wings was fun. The only downside, was paying for parking. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lisa W

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor. We are very glad that we could restrore your faith in the DoubleTree brand after many years. Our staff takes pride in providing our guests with the great service they deserve.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at any time. We do hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

This hotel gets the job done, but was somewhat disappointing in Doubletree standards. It is an OK hotel, but the location isn't exactly downtown Wilmington, it's more on the edge of downtown. The staff was nice which was good, but the internet was sketchy at best. Kept losing connection and it was quite slow when it was connected. Again, it was a comfortable stay (outside of the fire alarm going off one night while I was there), but I guess I just expect more from Doubletree. Oh and the fitness room is a joke, only 2 treadmills and one elliptical. However, the conceirge Peter was very nice!

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing the front of the hotel, there is a bus stop right across the street which can get...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
AFiler, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Downtown Wilmington - Legal District, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay, it is greatly appreciate. We are glad to hear that the staff you encountered was very friendly. I do apologize for the challneges you encountered with the connectivity of the internet. We are currently in the process of upgrading the entire network inside the hotel and hope to have that completed with in the next 60-90 days. The fitness center is also receiving equipment upgrades this year as well.

We do hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area and experience an improved quality stay. Please do not hesiate to contact me at any time.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Got lucky and parked in one of the two free parking spaces in front of the hotel. So obviously I didn't want to move my car and give up this great space, and pay $15 for parking, but didn't have to. Walking distance to many venues and restaurants. Govatos Candy store right around the corner. AND a complimentary shuttle to take you all around the area.

Room and bedding seemed very clean, although the air in the hallway was so stuffy and stale, I didn't want to breathe. Had to put my shirt over my nose. I think it's just an airflow problem, but it's a bit unpleasant. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful. I paid around $148 with tax, very reasonable, I think.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the to share your experience at your hotel. We are very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Our staff does enjoy hearing they are doing a great job. We also agree that being across the street from Govato's is definitely a plus!

Please do not hesitate to contact me at any time. We do hope to see you again when you are in the area.