“Tasty”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
“Tasty”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

Although not too original, you do get that bbq feeling in this place. Good portions and well prepared food.

“Great IF you want BBQ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

They specialize in BBQ, and they do it well. Not the place to go if you want anything else. Has plenty of seating, so you won't have to wait long (if at all) for a table. I like the variety of BBQ sauces to choose from.

Visited August 2012
Carneys Point, New Jersey
“The Best Beef Brisket!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

their beef brisket is the best....I always get the sandwich, done just right...although one tiny thing, i think the bun should be toasted a bit on the inside...but its soooo good.
they make their own potato chips, chicken fingers were really good, and their coleslaw..yum, made just right.

• Visited September 2012
Calabash, NC
“Nice tender ribs, great Mac and cheese”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

The rib platter was very tasty. Not real greasy...lots of tender meat. Prices were a bit high I thought. The side order of Mac and cheese was great, cheesy, and hot. Only problem was in three forkfuls,it is gone! Please make it a bigger portion! Service was efficient, friendly, and attentive to our needs. The wings were juicy and the BBQ was delicious. We love all the different sauces onthe table. We loved the pineapple one.

Delaware
“Pretty good BBQ for a Chain”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

I have to start this by saying that I believe that all of the best BBQ is made in small, owner operator restaurants by somebody who doesn't care that the best way to do things is the hard way. I like a good bark on my meat, I love the burnt ends, and I think if its done right you barely need the sauce at all. I almost want the smoker to look like it hasn't been cleaned since Nixon was in office, if not before and if they want to slap my food down on a couple of slices of white bread and some butcher paper that is fine by me.

That being said, our local version of Famous Dave's puts out a decent product that is above the usual chain restaurant quality in a family friendly environment with pleasant, efficient service. The ribs are decent and usually require that you give the meat a little pull to get it off the bone. The beef Brisket is tender although the smoke ring is a little anemic compared to some places. I like the potato chips with sauces, and the sauces in general. As for sides my favorites are the Wilbur beans with all the various bits of meat in them and the potato salad. When they had the fish special for Lent my husband and I both enjoyed their cornmeal/crumb crusted cod, but I miss the catfish.

If you're traveling through Wilmington and don't feel like venturing too far from your comfort zone, or if you've got a group to please that prefers the chain experience then Dave's is a solid choice for lunch or dinner in the area. You probably won't be blowed away, but you won't leave hungry or dissatisfied either.

• Visited August 2012