“Whoever is playing at the Queen, you can be sure they are good.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of World Cafe Live at the Queen

World Cafe Live at the Queen
Ranked #15 of 71 things to do in Wilmington
3 attraction reviews
“Whoever is playing at the Queen, you can be sure they are good.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

Having recently moved here it is a joy to be so close to live music. We have been impressed each time we went I love jazz but have enjoyed a wide array of music there, each band very good in their style of music from what we saw. We have eaten dinner there and also just ordered "bar food". Other sites rate it pretty high on food and we were pleased as well. Our beer drinking guests were pleased with the beer selection. We have both brought tickets ahead and at the door (for upstairs live music only). The downstairs features a great stage and sound system and can have an open floor to mill around (or dance) or be set up with tables depending on the venue. Go if you can. We are usually not the oldest ones there, but we are not young, either. We will go again. If you listen to "World Café" on PBS, you will like going to the Queen in Wilmington DE, the "sister" nightclub to the one in Philly.

Visited August 2013

Pennington, New Jersey
204 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 180 helpful votes
“Long time fan of the Philadelphia location, now a fan of the Wilmington venue!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

I have been a fan of World Cafe Live! in Philadelphia for the past 9 years. Tonight I finally got around to attending a show at World Cafe Live! at the Queen in Wilmington, Delaware. The location is easy to access and street parking is plentiful. I opted to park in the garage across the street which was identified as parking for World Cafe Live; the cost was only $5.00 and the walk to the venue took less than 2 minutes.

I did not eat this time but the food looked delicious. I sat in the balcony which has a bar and tables set up for dinner.

I went to see an in-concert presentation of Jesus Christ Superstar by the City Theater Company of Delaware. These "amateurs" are outstanding performers and the voices were quite impressive. The venue has excellent acoustics and the seating is very comfortable. The owners/operators should be very proud of the renovation job that was done at this venue. It is a magnificent building and from what I heard this evening is a great place to enjoy live music. As I was leaving the music coming from upstairs live also sounded good. I am looking forward to seeing more performances at this Wilmington location.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank jonahNJ
Newark, Delaware
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Always a Cool Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

If you stay overnight in center city then a great place to visit would be the historic World Cafe Live at the Queen. Wilmington doesn't have many (any?) places this tight. Always great music, food, and people. Amateur nights, I can't recall which day during the week, brings in some interesting and quality entertainment. The food is exceptionally prepared in a warm and friendly "hipster" environment. A must see.

Visited September 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“GREAT GREAT Shows and Easy Living”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

I am always amazed that this little gem of a place attracts A++ talent and yet is extremely easy to navigate. We have always been able to find street parking (free) within a couple blocks of this place. The venue itself is clean, comfortable, and offers great sight access to the performer on stage. The table service has been uneven but always always friendly. I rate this place at the top of my go-to list of music venues.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank MBiblis
delaware
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Grilled cheese and beer tasting is a must”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

My husband and I went to the monthly grilled cheese and beer tasting an were wowed by the experience. It was a lot fancier than we thought it would be. We have been to many beer tastings, but this was like a beer pairing dinner. Every beer selection was delicious. Never knew I could be a Dogfish Head fan. Also, every "grilled cheese" was delightful. This was no ordinary grilled cheese. Items included pork loin with caramelized onions and cheese on brioche and goat cheese with pesto on crusty ciabatta. Not the average Kraft cheese and tomato soup that is for sure. I gave this a 4 because I think the sit down is a little stuffy and would like to be able to move around and mingle. Otherwise, I highly recommend.

Visited April 2013