“Always a Cool Place”
Review of The Queen

The Queen
Ranked #16 of 73 things to do in Wilmington
Reviewed September 19, 2013

If you stay overnight in center city then a great place to visit would be the historic World Cafe Live at the Queen. Wilmington doesn't have many (any?) places this tight. Always great music, food, and people. Amateur nights, I can't recall which day during the week, brings in some interesting and quality entertainment. The food is exceptionally prepared in a warm and friendly "hipster" environment. A must see.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I am always amazed that this little gem of a place attracts A++ talent and yet is extremely easy to navigate. We have always been able to find street parking (free) within a couple blocks of this place. The venue itself is clean, comfortable, and offers great sight access to the performer on stage. The table service has been uneven but always always friendly. I rate this place at the top of my go-to list of music venues.

1  Thank MBiblis
Reviewed August 24, 2013

My husband and I went to the monthly grilled cheese and beer tasting an were wowed by the experience. It was a lot fancier than we thought it would be. We have been to many beer tastings, but this was like a beer pairing dinner. Every beer selection was delicious. Never knew I could be a Dogfish Head fan. Also, every "grilled cheese" was delightful. This was no ordinary grilled cheese. Items included pork loin with caramelized onions and cheese on brioche and goat cheese with pesto on crusty ciabatta. Not the average Kraft cheese and tomato soup that is for sure. I gave this a 4 because I think the sit down is a little stuffy and would like to be able to move around and mingle. Otherwise, I highly recommend.

Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

Go! Just go. Hear local music in a lovely venue. Be prepared for the unexpected. Eat ok bar food. Drink. It's worth the $10.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Our son was with a Cab Calloway strings ensemble along with the school pianists at this place. My husband and I had never been there before and was pleasantly surprised with the nice quality light dinner or appetizers. The set up was perfect to enjoy some musical performances in a cozy room upstairs.