“Hidden Gem”

Vincente's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Vincente's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #113 of 563 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Reviewed August 9, 2012

VERY nice bar area. Great Food... GREAT service. Friendly owner and staff. Special place! Convenient location!

Reviewed July 12, 2012

First of all the address has changed.
5914 Kirkwood Highway
Wilmington, Delaware 19711
Phone: 302-543-6451

I have been going to this establishment for more than 30 years. It has moved several times but the owner and "Walking Menu" (Vince) is always the same. He remembers me, my wife, where we sat, what we liked and wanted to change. It is expensive. I have never looked at a menu. The real show is the Ceaser Salad and Cafe Diablo both made table side. Then you tell him what you want and he starts to customize the dish as you speak. Take your time and ask for options. Also take lots of money. As I said I only go there for special occasions for business celebrations. I plan on almost $100 per person when all is said and done.

I think it is worth it - hope you have the same experience.

Reviewed April 27, 2012

special night looking for nice restaurant
found it at Vincentes. Had a talking menu who can throw cheese with pinpoint
accuracy. The ambience is great. The food was perfect. Cost is average for a GOOD restaurant, but we had great service, hot food, and fun. Granted not
everyone will get the talking menu, but
it's worth a shot.

Reviewed April 8, 2012

I had my first meal at Vincente's last night - WOW, so good! I started w/ the mozzarella app, and my SO had the table-side prepared Ceaser - so yummy, and quite the show :) Dinner was the brie chicken, stuffed w/ huge lumps of crab meat. As a Marylander, I find it very rare to get good quality crab meat outside of MD, and was very happy that Vincente's did it right! Save room for dessert (it will be hard, trust me), and order the chocolate grenache cake - yum!! I must say, this wildly exceeded my expectations, as the exterior is by no means exciting, but the food is outstanding. Our server was above & beyond the normal "server" as well - very helpful and knowledgeable, w/ first hand experience tasting everything on the menu. I'm already making plans to return w/ my parents!

Reviewed February 27, 2012

I recently dined at Vincentes on a Saturday night. Our party totalled 6 people. The bill prior to tip was $430. While we had a very good time, the total cost of the evening was on the high side based on the overall quality.

Service was fine and apparently the restuarant starts each meal by providing the table garlic type bread and each diner with a small piece of fish.

We were then asked if we wanted the menu or the talking menu. If you ask for the talking menu, the owner comes over and starts questioning your likes and dislikes before recommending a dish. This was sort of a fun thing to do any everyone ordered based on the owners suggestions. We also ordered several appetizers to share and a caesar salad. If you order the salad the owner does a small show as he prerpares it tableside.

All the food was good but the portion sizes were a little on the small size.

Our group did have several cocktails during the evening which always can run up the bill.

Skid dessert--portion size was very small and quality was nothing to rave about.

If I returned, I would stick with the basic menu to better control the cost of the meals. Again, while we had a great time, but at the end of the eving the meal cost me approximately $170 for 2 people. If the bill had been under $125 I probably would have give the restaurant a very good rating. For $170 the bar is set much higher.