“The race is on!”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“The race is on!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

So nice to have a family picnic and watch your favorite horse win. Yeah. Good variety of food places. Always something going on-poker tournaments, slot games and beautiful golf course.

Visited December 2012

Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“we love going to different casinos and this was on our list.”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

very clean and nice we had a good time and the restaurants were good to eat at. We would go down on a bus trip with friends and go to the horse track. I love playing the horses and my husband likes playing the slots.

Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Drive another 15 minutes to Harrah's. This place is horrid!”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I had the dubious pleasure of visiting this pit last night. It is in seedy shape, and the employees are horrendous. Upon leaving the place at about 11 PM (after having a decent night on the tables) I met a valet parker named Matt Bain. I asked Matt about getting a cab and he looked me in the eye and said "don't you have a smart phone?" I thought he was joking because no one in any type of hospitality job would ever utter those words. So I confirmed that he just asked that and he smugly looked at me and said "I did. Are you telling me you really don't have one?" I hope this young man follows a career path that leads him into a private cubicle somewhere because he has no business talking to customers. For this one simple act, I will never return here. It's just not worth it. Nice job Matt!

Visited January 2013
2 Thank golfingfriends
Philadelphia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 156 helpful votes
“Dismal Casino”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I had stopped going to Delaware Park when Harrahs opened up in Chester, mainly because Harrahs was closer to me and newer. Since then, I had been a regular player at Harrahs. On a whim, I decided to go to Delaware Parks last night to watch the Eagles on MNF and play some slots, instead of my regular bar at Harrahs.

First off you would think a place with a sports book would be a decent place to watch sports. Wrong. The only place I could find with the game on was all the way in the back at what they laughingly call the "sports bar". When I got there, most of the tvs were showing horse racing, but one had the game on. I sat there by myself and watched the game. The bartenders at this bar, while not unfriendly, seemed depressed and distant, which seems reasonable when you work at a bar that has no customers and thus little chance for tips. They at least agreed to put the sound on for me.

Still, I was there and the game was on, so I stayed and watched it, figuring some enjoyable slots play would at least follow. Wrong again. I had not been to Delaware Park for six years and I swear half the slots there were the same ones they had six years ago. The decor was definitely the same, only with six more years of wear and tear. The place is worn and ugly. The carpets are stained and it looks like it could use a serious cleaning. The lighting is dull and makes the whole place seem kind of depressing and dismal.

I doubt that there were more than 200 people in the entire casino. If you believe part of the casino experience is the excitement of being around other people, this is not the place for you. Most people I saw were hunched over their machine looking glassy eyed, sad and depressed. Why not? These may have been the tightest slot machines I have ever played. I had thought Harrah's was bad, but I managed to play slots at Delaware Park for three hours and not hit a single bonus round. That's almost impossible.

Being in an empty casino is kind of creepy and eerie. The lighting and decor made it more so. I felt unsafe. Add to that the fact that the machines payed almost nothing back and it definitely was not a pleasant experience.

What a waste of a night. This is a casino with no atmosphere, unless you count depression and dismay as an atmosphere, and no chance of doing anything other than feed them your money. It had been six years since I was last at Delaware Park. Visiting again just makes me appreciate those six years all the more. I can't imagine I will ever be back.

Visited November 2012
4 Thank JMoyer
Milford, Delaware
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Busy, dirty and undesireables all around”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Pulled into parking lot to witness a patron urinating on a car and then another having a verbal argument with many expletives. Should have left! Went inside and saw many people asleep in chairs, some drinking too much, arguing. Felt unsafe with very few DP employees within sight. After much confusion about my $10 slots voucher and a VIP card we left quickly. Would not go back.

Visited November 2012