“Very well-guided project” 5 of 5 bubbles

East Coast
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Very well-guided project”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

This place really succeeds in being a haven which is creatively, intellectually and physically stimulating for kids. The general staff are just top notch folks who know how to interact with adults and kids alike. I can't speak highly enough about the folks who man the art room, who have created hours of special experiences for my kids. It's not a big place, but they make very good use of the space and even though I have been there quite a few times I still find something that I have missed. You can tell that the exhibits incorporate the latest research into child development and that they have given a lot of thought to what types of areas to include. Although the commerce room still does command the attention of my 8 and 10 year olds with its stock market and budgeting games, I would say main area to improve for this museum would be to expand to include more content for older children.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank bloogedy

Dover, Delaware
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 113 helpful votes
“Great Museum for Kids”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is an outstanding presentation for kids. I took my grand kids there, ages 5 and 9, and they really enjoyed it.

1 Thank HKonowitz3
Newark, Delaware
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Fun for the little ones!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

I actually visited in August with two other adults and four children. The kids all had a ball! There are things to do for all ages up to teen. Then I visited in Sept. with my one year old grandson who had been there one other time. It was a great day out for both of us.

3 Thank Carol G
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Good for the little ones”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

I live in the area and stay at home with my almost 2 year old. It is pricey but we have a membership which makes it worth it. The little kids area has a train they can sit in, ring the bell, steer, etc. There is a train table and a car where they can be pretend mechanics. They is also a soft play area for infants/young toddlers. It is very open which I like because I can letmy child explore without being on top of him all the time. The cafe is pricey, so we pack a picnic lunch and eat along the waterfront which is right behind the building. All in all, the museum is ok. I probably won't renew our membership. It's good but not great.

West Chester, Pennsylvania
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Great fun, but...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

Gets very busy with school trips, camps, parties. Kids have a great time but once you are in, there is really no supervision. For the price to get in, I would like for some staff to help supervise the safety of all the kids, i.e. the older teenagers using the same activity with preschoolers. It is pricey to get in, and the prices in the cafe are ridiculously overpriced.