“It's a do!”

Ranked #1 of 563 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: After years of success in Sussex County, the Big Fish Restaurant Group has brought the great Big Fish experience to Wilmington. Stop by our new location on the scenic Wilmington Riverfront for the freshest seafood, juicy, hand-cut steaks, savory pastas and delicious salads. Our reasonably priced menu, generous portions, family friendly atmosphere and impeccable service make Big Fish on the Riverfront a casual dining destination and a great addition to the Wilmington restaurant scene. Enjoy lunch and dinner served daily with seasonal dining on our covered outdoor patio. Daily Happy Hour at our spacious bar features food and drink specials and 7 large Hi-Def TV's! Book you next event in our private dining room which can accommodate up to 50 guests and has built in audio visual hook-up.
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This was a really fun place to dine. For starters it's a large restaurant so there is plenty of space between the tables and it also offers large booths. Being large and open it's suited for larger parties as it can be slightly noisy. Don't let it deter you though; the food was excellent ( I had surf and turf) and they have really good happy hour deals at the bar. They close early on week nights - last call was a 9:00 PM. I will go back for sure. Being from Long Island I am picky about seafood and this place gets it right without breaking the bank like it's nearby competitor.

Brooke B, Manager at Big Fish Grill on the Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Thank you for your review! Join us for happy hour every day from 4-7pm!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We just got back from a family vacation and had no plans before the fireworks so decided to eat out. We were seated right away and the waitress was awesome. She shared a couple of stories and told us about her luck $2 bill. The food was great - i had the crab cakes, my wife and son had the snook and loved it. It doesn't get enough attention but the key is very good. Everyone had a great time, it wasn't too loud and we really enjoyed ourselves.

Thank you for spending your 4th of July with us! We're happy to know you enjoyed the food and service!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

While I am a seafood lover and the menu offered an unlimited number of pure seafood dishes, I was in the mood for an entrée that is available but does not always meet my standards in the Wilmington, DE area. So I chose the jambalaya. And what a great choice it was. Filled with shrimp, chicken and Andouille sausage, the portion was much larger than expected and far surpassed my expectation based on previous Cajun dishes in this area. I am a big eater but found it a chore to down the whole bowl. I have eaten there previously when I dined on a fish platter which was also outstanding. This time I was as surprised by the quality of the meal as by the quantity served. Definitely worth the price and a return visit.

The Jambalaya is one of our most popular dishes, we're glad you enjoyed it!

Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I regularly visit for the raw oysters, which come with an awesome vinaigrette. We also always order at least a few huge chilled shrimp, they are awesome. I always love the soups too. Everybody gets a complimentary smoked tuna dip and crackers to start with - my husband doesn't even really like tuna yet even he can't get enough of this. We often share several smaller things versus get entrees, however the entrees are great as well. Today we did happy hour which offers a list of food and drink specials - the bartenders and waiters/waitresses are always so nice when we come. The food really is outstanding if you are a seafood person.

Thank you for your review, we're glad you enjoyed the food and service! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We arrived on a Saturday around 6:45 pm. We were told the wait would be 30 minutes for inside but that there was no waiting for outside. Despite my preference for staying cool on an otherwise hot evening, we dined outside. The fans provided little help but that was really the only negative to the meal. We each had a salad (me Caesar and she Arugula); both were very large and we wound up taking half home for the next day's lunch. We both had the broiled crab cakes which were good. The sides of cole slaw and spinach were good. She got the string fries but regretted the grease with them. Our server, Liam, was attentive. In addition to the food, I had a glass of wine so our total bill (before tip) came to $62.80.

Thank you for your review, we hope to see you again soon!