“Takeout service stunk”

Cuisines: Fusion
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Got takeout for 2 a couple of weeks ago - after 45 minutes (hostess told me 15-20 minutes), the host/owner? gave me attitude and told me that she should have told me 30 minutes - the opposite of a polite apology. Will stay with my mainstays - Massimoto in PA or Mikimoto in Wilmington.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

We've had some very good meals here, but also some that were ruined by poor service. Maybe they don't pay their wait staff enough? I see they've had to resort to Groupons to get new/returning customers. That's not good :(

1  Thank Papr1ka
Reviewed September 8, 2012

My girlfriend and I dined at this restaurant in Wilmington shortly after walking out on a horrible sports bar down the street just minutes earlier. The decor in this place is quite impressive overall, and the staff seems professional and well dressed. There was only one other couple in the restaurant, so it was incredibly quiet in the dining/sushi bar area. Everything seemed fine up front. We chose to order the spring rolls as an appetizer. For whatever reason, the spring rolls didn't arrive until roughly 30 minutes later. The spring rolls were also lukewarm. It seems strange that this would happen given the fact that I heard several staff members in the kitchen area cooking all that time. When our entrees came about 20 minutes later, they were just so-so in quality. The flavor was bland, but the food quality was okay.

As an interesting sidebar......a family came in after us and ordered some sushi rolls. Their child kept asking where the food was because he was hungry. When their food finally arrived, the father had to tell the waiter that they were out of time and asked to get the food to go. The sushi chefs at the sushi bar were working for roughly 30 minutes before that happened, so who knows why their food took so long. When the family waited by the cash register for their to-go food, they had to wait an additional 15 minutes. Unbelievable.

If you have plenty of time to kill, this is not a bad place overall. Just know that your time is not a priority to the staff.

1  Thank replicant_dc
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I've been dining at Jasmine off & on since they've opened. Never had a bad meal. Always pricey, but Sushi always is! The decor (mostly ala Ikea) confuses me though; the overall concept is interesting, but what is up with the accent wall (to the left as you walk in)?? It used to be a lovely combo of ochre and dark red (not exactly sure that's the combo I recall, but the recent paint job has left those colors on the edges) and now they've repainted some of the walls in lime green. Don't get me wrong, I love bright green, but just as I was thinking it was just too much green, I heard the table behind us comment that it was making them sick to their stomachs! For years I have wondered why they don't properly prep the wall, it has so much damage and with that bright green it really shows up; like it's screaming out for repair. And the decorative fountains inside the walls have caused the paint & ceiling to bubble, peel and just look gross. As for the service: during my lunch today, my server on several occasions simply didn't understand english or couldn't hear very well or just didn't know what was in certain dishes (she said the dessert was choc mouse, when it was something that had a bit of mouse in it, with other items). I was warned by my daughter & her gf: under NO circumstance visit the bathroom; that it was very dirty & smelled awful. After sitting next to the lime green wall & staring at the damage from the water elements, I had had enough. Next time I'm up for sushi I'll stick to Matsamotos or Mikimotos depending which direction I head!

Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

We have been going to Jasmine for years. It has been our go- to casual date night restaurant. While we have enjoyed it in the past, it really seems like they have just given up. We decided to go for my birthday dinner tonight and ended up walking out. Upon arrival we noticed that there were few diners and no bartender which should have been a red flag. The menus we were given have seen better days and had correction tape over menu items that were not available. Tacky! The waiter arrived to take our drink orders and my husband ordered the cold sake. Several minutes later the waiter came back and said that they had none of the sakes that were listed on the two page menu except for a $100 bottle. We decided that this was an indicator for how the rest of the evening would go since there was obviously little effort put out for customers. Why would you give customers a two page sake menu if you only have one of the items? We walked out and have decided that not only is this our last visit, but my husband will no longer take his co-workers for business lunches. We went next door to a chain restaurant and felt welcomed and they appreciated our business.

3  Thank Phillytravelgirl76