“Great dinner on the patio ”

Del Pez Mexican Gastropub
Reserve with OpenTable
Del Pez Mexican Gastropub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #116 of 590 Restaurants in Wilmington
Description: Del Pez Mexican Gastropub is a casual, neighborhood gathering place filled with craft beer, house infused margaritas, mexican inspired pub fare.
Reviewed August 27, 2017 via mobile

Love this place. Food is consistently delicious. Service had been excellent each time I've gone. The El Jeffe margarita is made with fresh lime and is crazy good. Try the guac!

Reviewed August 6, 2017 via mobile

Worst crab Benedict I've had, incredibly small portions, overpriced. Will not be back. Sad, the menu looks so good.

Hakuna H, Owner at Del Pez Mexican Gastropub, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2017

Susan,
I am sorry we didn't meet your expectations. We will review your feedback with the culinary team to ensure we follow our high quality standards. Please give us another try, talk to a member of the management team, witness our progress and hopefully become one of our many regulars.

Javier

Reviewed July 23, 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch with my husband. We had the del pez guacamole, tacos, beer flight, and margaritas. Service was excellent even though it took a while for the food to come. The drinks and chips kept us busy. I definitely will be back.

Reviewed July 8, 2017 via mobile

we had one guacamole with mango and pomegranate that was ok. we also had the taco sampler and all the tacos were excellent with the shrimp one topping the list.
friendly attentive service.

Reviewed June 3, 2017

I've eaten here several times since it opened and loved it. This week I went for lunch to learn that they have a new menu that now says "no substitutions" in virtually every category (salads, tacos, etc). I asked our waiter (who was fabulous) if I could have tacos on flour instead of corn tortillas and afte the tacos arrived, I asked for a side of shredded cheese. He got both requests satisfied, but only after much discussion of the "no substitutions" policy (including whether I could just purchase both items as "sides" so i could re-make the tacos the way I wanted - surprisingly, even this seemed unlikely at one point, which made no sense as it required no work from the chef and would make them extra money). I got the definite impression that my requests were only satisfied because my waiter pushed hard against the chef, which means a less aggressive/dedicated waiter probably would have told me no. It made for a less-than-relaxing dining experience to have to negotiate for food made the way I like it. I probably won't go back because I don't love anything exactly the way it is on the menu. If you don't desire any changes, give it a try because the food is tasty (especially the new fried plantains).

Dear Natalie,
The reason for some no substitutions on some of the items is to produce a high quality product, increase the efficiency of the kitchen, while maintaining cost down for our guests. With that being said, the situation about the beans shouldn't have happened. I have met with the management team and will review your feedback and I can assure you we will do everything to ensure this doesn't happen again.
In behalf of our hardworking I ask you to give us another try and please ask for a manager team member. They are there for you (They should have stopped by your table).

thank you for reaching out and please let me know how can we regain your trust.

Javier