“Good portions great foid”

Del Pez Mexican Gastropub
Reserve with OpenTable
Del Pez Mexican Gastropub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #116 of 590 Restaurants in Wilmington
Description: Del Pez Mexican Gastropub is a casual, neighborhood gathering place filled with craft beer, house infused margaritas, mexican inspired pub fare.
Reviewed January 29, 2017 via mobile

My family and I came here after time at the Children's Museum (great). We saw it driving by and thought we would eat there for an early dinner.

My daughter (5) loved coloring a sugar skull and her kids meal was filling and delicious - quesadilla - pick two sides (rice beans and grilled corn - and churros).

My husband and I shared a delicious fresh- made Granada guacamole made with pomegranate vinaigrette... YUM! Chips tasted light and not-greasy.
We also ordered the taco sampler with 1 of each taco - beef, shrimp, chicken, salmon and carnitas. They are perfectly presented on corn tortillas with beautiful, Fresh garnishes.

Our server worked very hard and even entertained my daughter.

Great idea stopping by... don't drive by. Only down side was no parking in front. Otherwise perfect meal!!

Reviewed January 29, 2017

The tacos are great, but they give you 3 small tacos for $10-$12. I wish they would give you a larger serving even if you had to pay more. We ordered a bowl of guacamole since the server warned us the servings weren't large enough. The serving of guacamole was too large for 4 people. Would rather have more tacos! We enjoyed the vibe of this new place and the bar area and beer selection is good.

Reviewed January 15, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I had a great dinner at Del Pez last night and we so are so happy to welcome this restaurant to the neighborhood . Food, service and ambiance were all wonderful. Very lively, but a great vibe ! We brought our 6 year old granddaughter with us and everyone was so nice to her. I am very fortunate because I live right across the street from the restaurant, so this will be a place that I will frequent quite often and also introduce my work colleagues to.

Reviewed January 14, 2017

Clearly, Del Pez uses fresh ingredients for their offerings and has pleasant service. I ordered a hefty burrito $8.75 for lunch. Carnitas (pork) with Pino Bean (cooked with bacon), rice, salsa and pineapple habanero sauce. I asked if the pineapple habenero sauce was "really" hot and the gal said "yes". This monster burrito was loaded with white rice and the habareno was not even detectable sans a slight sweetness of pineapple. Great quality but disappointingly boring flavor.

Reviewed January 1, 2017

I've never been to the one in Newark so this review is only for the new one in Wilmington. I'd usually give a new restaurant some slack but since this is just a new location for a fairly local restaurant, I expect a better initial experience. That being said, this place is an okay place but it could be a lot better.
The food is so-so, the margaritas are so-so, the decor is very generic and not at all "Mexican". Bottom line,the staff will likely get better and hopefully the food and drink will too. We'll probably check it out in the future to see how they've progressed.

1  Thank katshot