“Great place!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Great food, great prices, great service. Staff is friendly. Great portions...Daily specials. Check this place out if your looking for home-cooked food and friendly people.

Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Went at 6:30 am - with only a few patrons there, we needed to wait until the waitress finished her lengthy conversation before being seated even though they were 2 steps away. It seemed that only the act of reaching for the menu to look it over was their only clue that they needed to seat us.

Our waitstaff had that amazing ability to remember our order without writing it down (except it was wrong).

If you want a waffle, don't go at 6am. We were told it wasn't turned on yet.
Atmosphere unappealing - food all over the floor and under the tables. Bathroom unclean and garbage overflowing - did the cleaning staff report to work later in the morning, as opposed to before the Sunday morning breakfast time? Was it that busy overnight that the floors couldn't have been cleaned?

Food had generous portions and tasted ok.

4  Thank 2crewmom
Reviewed January 6, 2013

My husband, mom and I stopped in here before we went shopping based on other reviews from a different site. It was during lunchtime; the place was almost full except for a few tables so we were seated quickly. The menu is HUGE with breakfast and dinner served all day. They only have raspberry iced tea as far as teas go, which my mom didn't mind. I ordered the light and fit scallop dish with sautéed scallops, tomatoes, asparagus and soft onions over penne pasta with a delicious sauce. I couldn't believe the portion; I had to take half of it home, and I have a very healthy appetite. Mom got a mushroom burger which she really enjoyed and my husband got a cheese steak, which was not bad but the steak meat was on the dry side. Their french fries are awesome too! The only small complaint I have is that our waitress never stopped back by to refill our drinks while we were there. Otherwise great place, I would go back!

Reviewed September 18, 2012

With the demise of the Golden Castle the Marsh Road Diner remains one of the few local spots that offers 24 hour dining. While a small restaurant and admittedly a bit hard to find if you're not looking carefully its worth searching out. The daily soups are as a rule good although we're not fans of the vegetable soup because it has what we consider "weird" vegetables in it like brussel sprouts and califlower. Now I like brussels sprouts, but not in soup. All of the chicken and noodle/pasta soups are good choices and while they don't deviate from the standard broth, chicken, pasta and perhaps some carrots/celery routine that's not necessarily a bad thing. We usually go there when I don't feel like cooking and as such normally stick to the classic fare - things like club sandwiches, liver and onions, pork chops, roast beef etc. Options from the breakfast side of the menu are done well and the tapioca pudding is also a family favorite.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Prices are good and you get a lot of food for your money. Had a nice breakfast, enjoying biscuits and gravy. Even a half order is enough. Husband enjoyed french toast. We'd go back...