“Nice people. Breakfast was ok.”

Lucky's Coffee Shop
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Houston, Texas
“Nice people. Breakfast was ok.”
Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

We'd been here four years ago and really liked breakfast. Since we were in town, we visited again.
The service was great and the people very nice. The French Toast was flavorful. The grits were not southern style, but maybe they don't cook them as think up here. My eggs were perfect over medium and the coffee was good (not weak).
I would recommend Lucky's for breakfast. Can't speak about other meals because I haven't tried anything else.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Classic Breakfast Place”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I usually go here once a month on Sunday's. If you get there before 8:30AM you will easily get a seat. Food is very good, best part is the home fries, they are crispy yet light and fluffy. Great place for a nice casual meal to start the day.

• Visited December 2012
“Solid food”
Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

The food is solid, very good service and atmosphere. The portion sizes are good, but the prices are a bit high. Over all it is consistent enough to keep us coming back.

USA
“I don't understand the hype for this eatery. Maybe they've improved.”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I gave this highly advertised eatery on the popular Concord Pike more than 2 chances to provide something decent.
As a coffee shop, an uncrowded morning visit had my partner actually going behind the counter to get the carafe of coffee as the waitress never bothered to serve us on arriving. When she did refill our cups the coffee was lukewarm.
The waffles were "not Texas sized" as the menu mentioned and the oatmeal was presented as if it were an army mess hall. But sadly we twice observed the cashier handling money and then turning around to butter some waiting toast at the pick up window. She was not wearing any plastic gloves nor did she wash her hands. I would hope this was an isolated occurrence but that is why I am not willing to give this popular eatery another chance. I hope they succeed as I like their location..but dirty money residue on buttered toast?? Maybe that happens at other places out of sight but we saw it and actually were quite 'surprised'. I hope they have improved as I have not been back there in well over a year.

1 Thank USAJoetraveller
Wilmington, DE
“Talkin turkey”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Love breakfast at Lucky's, and decided to stop in early on a Sun. evening for dinner. It wasn't crowded, and our server was friendly (as usual). I was famished after not eating since breakfast, and ordered the Turkey Platter, which was described as 'Thanksgiving on a plate' (or something similar).

I was disappointed to see not real turkey, but processed 'lunchmeat' type turkey when my entree was served. Everything else was top-notch--homemade mashed potatoes, stuffing, asparagus cooked 'just right'...why wouldn't you go the extra mile & serve real roast turkey? I was so hungry I ate it regardless, but was more than a little disappointed.

• Visited October 2012