“Good food, pricing and atmosphere”
Review of The Reef

The Reef
Ranked #211 of 553 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Wilmington, Delaware
“Good food, pricing and atmosphere”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I've been here twice and have had a good experience both times. The food is reasonably priced and of good quality. Their meatballs and burgers are good. I like the entertainment as well. They have bands and a Sex Trivia night which is fun.

• Visited December 2013

West Grove, Pennsylvania
“Good local bar / restaurant”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

The Reef is just a good , affordable establishment for drinks , dinner and live music . The staff is friendly and it's obvious that it is the "local watering hole for area residents ". Don't let the appearance fool you . Good bar food and entertainment . We all need places like this to hang out !

• Visited February 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food poor service”
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

A couple of our neighbors were saying how good The Reef was so we decided to give it a try. We went on a week night so it wasn't busy. You seat yourself so we got a table. We sat there for close to 15 minutes and no one had come over with menus or to talk to us. There were waitresses waiting on the booths my husband tried several times to get their attention but they just kept walking by. So my husband went up to the bar and asked the bartender for menus and the bartender said he would have a waitress come over for our order. Needless to say after about another fifteen minutes no one came so we placed the order with the bartender. After another 30 minutes a waitress brings us our dinners. We asked for refills on our drinks she said I'll be right back and didn't come back. We ate our dinner and not once did a waitress come over to ask if we needed anything else or to give us our check. Truthfully we could have probably just got up and walked out and wouldn't have noticed. But we would never do that so we went up to the bar and paid our bill. I will admit the food and we really enjoyed what we got but the service just over shadowed the food. It was like we were invisible.

Visited April 2013
Smyrna, Delaware
“Go for the Shrimp Chesapeake”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

This place looks like a hole in the wall bar. But looks are definitely deceiving as the food is delicious. I highly recommend the Shrimp Chesapeake; you get your pasta, sauce, crab, and shrimp all in one tasty dish.

Visited September 2013
West Chester, Pennsylvania, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“All you can eat crabs and great service.”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I took my mother out for "all you can eat crabs". The crabs were fresh and the service was great. It's a bar...so go for the crabs and hang out! I thought I lost my phone in the restaurant and the manager/owner went through their camera footage to help locate for me. Turns out, it was buried in my pocketbook. Needless to say, they went out of their way to assist. I would definitely recommend and we will go back.

• Visited June 2013