“Ok, will bring a smile to your face”
Review of Boondocks

Boondocks
Ranked #9 of 48 Restaurants in Smyrna
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Had a family dinner, the pig out was just that. Enough for several hungry people. Crabs, shrimp fixings. Food was good, place was kind of rough on the edges.

1  Thank vrrooom
There are newer reviews for Boondocks

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We went to this resturant last year and found that the food was way overcooked and way over priced. However, we went again this year because we thought we didn't give it a chance. Well, there won't be a 3rd trip. Picnic tables and benches, plastic chairs sitting at cheap tables, menues filthy to the touch. Servers who really are to concerned if you like your meal or not. We didn't get crabs but people next to us did and they were mushy. They called the waitress over and asked that they get new crabs and the response was simple "they are all like that". Needless to say the folks paid the bill and left. This is another resturant that needs HELP but it might be to late.

1  Thank Donna L
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Road there with motorcycle riding club. Seating for 8. Service was very good. Waitress was very pleasant. We received our drinks and food in very good time. Everything was hot and fresh. The cole slaw was very fresh and very good. Made on the premises...I asked! I had the fried shrimp basket that came with fresh cole slaw, fries and a mini corn muffin. Delicious! I highly recommend this out of the way place for a really nice meal. Great for bikers for a day ride for lunch.

3  Thank S K
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Accustomed to newspaper or brown paper on the table, we were surpised--pleasantly-- to have plastic sheeting put down over the table. Try the Pig Out Special--shrimp, chicken wings (amazingingly good), corn, fries, and a half-dozen crabs. It is very good. On the hand, the softshells were soggy and tasteless--most likely frozen and deep fried in oil that wasn't hot enough to do the trick. Sadly, it was an oily, soggy mess, unworthy of the softsheel crab. We've had better there in the past. Server was wonderful and the place is creatively decorated--especially the bathrooms. Of course, that should never be the highlight of a restaurant visit.......

Reviewed September 23, 2012

While searching for a crab house, I found Boondocks on the Net. It was also recommended by a local crabber who supplies the restaurant. I expected a dive bar that serves crabs, but was pleasantly surprised!

When my husband and I first walked in, I was impressed by how spacious the crab house was. There is seating inside as well as seating in an enclosed porch area. It's rustic, but I liked the decor. We were greeted by a very friendly waitress, Ashley, who told us to sit anywhere. She came to our table quickly, told us about the specials (that night it was crab deviled eggs as an appetizer) and took our drink order. There is a drink they're well-known for called Swamp Water. It comes in a quart-sized Mason jar, but they have a smaller version if you just want to try it. It's quite tasty!

What impressed us the most (and my husband is EXTREMELY picky) was the size and reasonable cost of the crabs. They were #1 Delaware crabs, meaning that these crabs were the best you can get and full of meat. Boondocks charged $40/dozen for these, but the cost and size can vary depending on what the crabbers are catching.

There is other seafood on the menu - fish, shrimp, clams, oysters, etc. They serve various appetizers such as hush puppies, mozzarella sticks and fries. You can also order soup, salad or a sandwich. I'm not sure if they serve steak because we were only there for the crabs.

If you're female, you have to go check out the women's bathroom. There is lingerie everywhere - hanging from the ceiling and on the walls. It's a real girly bathroom!

The have a small gift shop area that sells t-shirts and other items. Before you leave, if you still have room after dinner, order one of their apple dumplings, drizzled with a cinnamon/brown sugar glaze and served with vanilla ice cream. Yummy!

Been to Boondocks? Share your experiences!