“Must like crabs”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 18, 2012

This place is mostly for people who like to eat crabs. They do
have other food but not that great a selection if you don't want
seafood. There is not a lot of privacy as tables are close or
you eat at "long" tables or picnic tables in summer. The place
to see when you go there is the bathroom - quite unique &
interesting but be prepared to answer questions from the
little ones! I am not a crab lover so I think if you like crabs you
would probably enjoy this place.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

This place is really in the Boondocks. Use your GPS to find it. It is really worth the drive. Has been there a long time serving seafood, and great Delaware crabs

2  Thank HKonowitz3
Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

I have been going to Boondocks a couple of times a year for over 25 years,mostly because my mom and dad like it.
It just seems that they take off the items we like and raise the prices every year.
Had two dozen crabs, the first dozen was mushy (either over cooked or reheated) an the second dozen were ok. The staff is always gruff and act like they can't wait to get you out.
Too many other crab houses around here to continue my patronage.

1  Thank Odessabound
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I have lived in Smyrna for 3 years, and had only been to Boondocks once. I decided to take my boyfriend who had never been there. We went after I got off work Friday night, to find that their kitchen closed at 9pm. I was a little disappointed because I was looking forward to eating some where different, but understood that my work schedule cause my dinner times to be a little later than most! So we went again Saturday evening. The food was great, as well as the service! It is a great atmosphere, and not badly priced. Make sure you try the "Swamp Water" an excellent alcoholic drink that comes in a large mason jar, with a cat tail sticking out of it! I had the crab cake sandwich and my boyfriend had the flounder. He loved his meal, and even had to take some home with him because he couldn't finish the generous portions! The only complaint I have about our experience is that when the waitresses are not busy, they stand at the front of the dining area and stare as everyone eats. That made me a little uncomfortable, however, we will definitely go back again this summer!

2  Thank Nicole W
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We always go here for crabs. Other food isn't that good. They offer a 5% discount for cash paying customers. Make sure you go to the register to pay if you are paying with cash because the waitresses don't give you the discount if you pay them directly. Happened to us twice so if we go back we will make sure we pay the cashier.

8  Thank ILuvVacationing

Been to Boondocks? Share your experiences!