“Assateague Island”

The Odd Fellows Cafe
Ranked #4 of 47 Restaurants in Smyrna
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Odd Fellows Cafe is under new ownership. Please come in and see the new menu. Chef Willie is in the kitchen.
Freehold, New Jersey
“Assateague Island”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Coming back from Assateague Island we were looking for a non-chain restaurant to grab a bite. This little place worked out perfectly. The menu is limited to sandwiches and burgers and breakfast items in the morning. Food is good and price is right.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Peter B

“A welcome change of pace in a town of pizza places!”
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

We decided to visit one Friday evening after seeing some good reviews. The atmosphere is very homey and welcoming and the owner was a complete delight! He stayed and chatted for a while before he started getting busy. I wish him well here!

The meals were served with soup and salad, which were both very tasty. I had a balsamic pasta dish, which was delicious and anything but ordinary, thought quite overpriced for what it was (pasta, tomatoes, balsamic, but no meat!). My husband had the prime rib, which he said was good, but "not $30 good". My girls shared the chicken fettuccine Alfredo. The Alfredo sauce was delicious! Rich and creamy and freshly made! This was definitely the most reasonably priced item of the evening!

We will definitely return, but not on a weekend evening. Per the owner, breakfast is served on weekends. I would love to try lunch or the burgers! The dinners, while very tasty were a bit overpriced, in my opinion.

• Visited April 2013
Smyrna, Delaware, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“We will visit again.”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Today was our first visit to The Odd Fellows Cafe. This is a really cute place with wonderful art, pleasant colors and lots of greenery. My husband had a turkey/bacon wrap and I had the Malibu salad with turkey instead of chicken. The homemade chips served with the wrap were warm and crisp and the wrap was tasty with a wonderful homemade raspberry vinaigrette sauce. The salad was wonderful with large slices of apples, whole walnuts and large chunks of blue cheese. The turkey, although a bit dry, was very flavorful. We will definitely visit again and plan on trying breakfast this weekend.

• Visited April 2013
Smyrna, Delaware
“A Welcome Additon to Smyrna”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We have always received prompt service.
We particularly like the huge burger selection and hand fried potato chips. The burgers are very juicy and delicious. The prime rib, on Friday nights, is also delicious.
The cafe offers ambiance and the owner, Howard, is extremely personable.
It is certainly a welcome addition to Smyrna.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank jimandsandis
“Call before you visit”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We decided to try this restaurant as we learned of its existance on Restaurant.com. This is a small restaurant set in the old section of Smyrna and the staff gives a neighborhood, friendly feeling to customers. The owner spent alot of time to discuss his hopes and plans for the restaurant and I hope that he succeeds. The reason that I suggest that you call before going is simply that their hours are subject to change based on how busy they are. They are listed as open for dinner on Tuesdays but I found that they decided to close early on Tuesdays due to lack of business. While I understand this decision, it sure is upsetting to show up as a customer and find it locked. Also, there menu is subject to change daily so it would be wise to ask about that evenings menu during the call. On my visit on a Wed evening, I found that it was half price burger night which seemed fine except that the menu was limited to burgers only, no other item. We decided to try the burgers and found them to be fresh, juicy and flavorful. I would have still liked to have had a menu to choose an entree but it was not to be. While disappointed with the menu selection, the burger was enjoyed. I will try another visit when there is a more varied menu available as it seems that this could be a little gem of a restaurant. I also enjoy the chance to truly support the small local businessman who seems to be struggling.

• Visited March 2013