“Call before you visit”

Ranked #3 of 47 Restaurants in Smyrna
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: The Odd Fellows Cafe is under new ownership. Please come in and see the new menu. Chef Willie is in the kitchen.
“Call before you visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

We decided to try this restaurant as we learned of its existance on Restaurant.com. This is a small restaurant set in the old section of Smyrna and the staff gives a neighborhood, friendly feeling to customers. The owner spent alot of time to discuss his hopes and plans for the restaurant and I hope that he succeeds. The reason that I suggest that you call before going is simply that their hours are subject to change based on how busy they are. They are listed as open for dinner on Tuesdays but I found that they decided to close early on Tuesdays due to lack of business. While I understand this decision, it sure is upsetting to show up as a customer and find it locked. Also, there menu is subject to change daily so it would be wise to ask about that evenings menu during the call. On my visit on a Wed evening, I found that it was half price burger night which seemed fine except that the menu was limited to burgers only, no other item. We decided to try the burgers and found them to be fresh, juicy and flavorful. I would have still liked to have had a menu to choose an entree but it was not to be. While disappointed with the menu selection, the burger was enjoyed. I will try another visit when there is a more varied menu available as it seems that this could be a little gem of a restaurant. I also enjoy the chance to truly support the small local businessman who seems to be struggling.

• Visited March 2013

“Excellent!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

Odd Fellows is a great place to go. The staff is very friendly and the food is delicious. There is something for everybody. My favorite is the shrimp po boy, my youngest loves the chicken salad, and my oldest son just ate the "Monster Burger" and loved it. Perfect place to go for good food on those busy days when one doesn't have time to cook.

Easton, Maryland
“Would not eat here again”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I ate at The Odd Fellows Cafe, with three other family members, a couple of weeks ago, based upon a recommendation of a "friend". I ordered the "Shrimp Po' Boy" and it came with potato chips. Now, I'm not really picky when it comes to most foods, but this was terrible. Not even close to what I was expecting. It was 5 small shrimp, with a dribble of hot sauce on them, sandwiched between two pieces of Texas Toast that were soaked in butter. I didn't care for the chips either. Another member of our party got a chicken sandwich that was bland with no seasoning. Another member got the chicken salad sandwich and they, too, were disappointed. Our fourth member got the Reuben sandwich and it was just a sloppy mess with way too much going on in it. The service was incredibly slow and not very attentive. At least, not attentive to us. I don't even think our server even said hello to us. We must have waited forty minutes for four sandwiches.We also ordered 2 cups of the crab soup as an appetizer (which was actually quite good!) But it would have been nice if it had been brought out as an appetizer before our "meals" came. Actually, it would have been nice if anyone would have remembered it at all. We had to ask for it again after our "meals" came. I really hate to leave poor reviews, and I think this is actually the first poor one that I ever have left, but I felt like I needed to do it. I know that when I am looking through reviews, I appreciate them, both good, and bad and make my own decision. Maybe everyone at this restaurant was having a bad day, the day that we went, or maybe they were overwhelmed (although it wasn't very busy), or maybe there was just something that we were missing. We all had very high hopes for this restaurant going in, but we all left EXTREMELY disappointed. I have seen a few good reviews for this place, so you just have to decide for yourself. I'm sorry to say that I probably won't be back.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank JohnCrawford
“Just what Smyrna needed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

What can I say........ The Odd Fellows Cafe is a great place for something different in Smyrna. The food is always fresh and delicious! The staff is very friendly and the owner Howard can always be seen chatting with the customers and helping with service.

2 Thank Momfour1