“No, it's not Five Guys, but there is more variety.”

Jakes Wayback Burgers
Ranked #17 of 49 Restaurants in Smyrna
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

I love the French fries at Jakes. They are very crispy and so good! And my daughters have even deemed Jakes 'better than McDonalds' which is great coming from them! The burgers are not Five Guys tasty, but they are tasty.

The service has always been good here and they are always busy! It does take a few minutes to be served, but they are making the burger as you order. These are not premade.

I like the shakes, as well. Handmade and very tasty! There is a large selection of flavors-not just chocolate and vanilla!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

My daughter and I love to go to Jakes. The burgers are good and you can completely customize them with the toppings you want. The fries are fresh cut, you get a good sized serving and the vinegar is an added plus. We love the shake of the month. Black Raspberry and Pumpkin Pie have been our favorites! They have pictures and crayons to keep kids (and grownups) entertained while you are waiting on your food. Our favorite thing about this location is the owner. She is a wonderfully friendly person who truly cares about her customers. After a couple of visits, she remembers you by name and greets you when you walk in.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

The burgers are thick and expensive but not in the same league as Five Guys in the taste department. Sure, they have a whole bunch of different burgers but it is the same "just okay" burger with a different sauce, cheese, and toppings of your choice. Fries are thick but go cold really fast. Old fashioned shakes are okay. I will say I enjoyed the onion rings because they are made with big thick juicy onions as a proper onion ring should be. The service is slow and not that great. The first time I went it took a little over 10 minutes for a burger fries and shake. The second time I waited 10 minutes only to be told to wait again after they realized my order was given to someone else. The eating area is a nice clean atmosphere. The TV screen is a nice addition. Compared to Five Guys this place isn't that great. But it is a step up from the Jake's in Dover.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

We have been here several times & love their burgers. They are juicy & full of flavor. Would suggest getting the single because that is plenty of meat for any human being. The home made potato chips are really good but you only get about 10. We love that the shakes come in a tiny size so you can treat yourself without blowing your days calorie intake on 1 meal. We shared the chili cheese fries which were diner style with plain cheez wiz and canned chili but tasted good. The fries are skinny and the onion rings are really good. The line can we pretty long and steady so we try to go just before the dinner hour to beat the "crowd". We go once a month and will look forward to a trip in February.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

For a burger joint, they had to compete with five guys but they failed terribly, and with a chain of 27 i expected more. When you walk in sometimes its crowded and just not comfortable. Its good with few people. The service wasnt amazing. I had to wait more than 10 minutes for my food to be ready so its not rushed.. and after a wait their burgers just werent thar good. Tasted regular,nothing special. Fries were good but because of salt. If your thinking of going here against somewhere else think again.