“Excellent margaritas”
Review of La Quetzalteca - CLOSED

La Quetzalteca
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

I love the beef chimichangas here and it tends to be what I always order. On my last visit, I decided to try their margaritas, and they were excellent. We split two different flavors between us. The banana margarita is by far my favorite, and it is not a flavor that I've found at any other restaurants.

Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Standard Mexican fare, the Mariachi band was interesting one night. I wouldn't drive a distance for it, but being in a town filled with pizza shops, it's a nice change.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I have been here several times and I will NEVER order the tacos again the meat was not cooked and completely ruined my appetite. The place could use a good cleaning. The other food other than the tacos has always been very good. The service could be a little better too. More on top of things. One thing I do hate about this place is the do not bring you a new cup for refill. They take your cup along with everyone sitting at your table to the back to refill it. That maybe just a pet peeve of mine but it grosses me out. This is a place where you just have to see for yourself. Sometimes it is great and sometimes i say I am never coming back and end up going because I am sick of Pizza and that is all there is really in Smyrna.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Experienced the best "homemade" Mexican food in the area. We've tried them all and this is the best. All the other Mexican restaurants taste like they are made from frozen food. The restaurants are noisy, this one quite pleasant. They have three restaurants, one in Millsboro, one in Georgetown, and this one in Smyrna

1  Thank HKonowitz3
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We were in Smyrna last night for the local carnival. We decided to try this Mexican Restaurant as we love Mexican food. We probably will not be returning and just stick to the Restaurant that we love in Middletown. It was hot and uncomfortable in the Restaurant so I couldn't enjoy myself. The food was over priced. I ordered their special which only came with three small fajita wraps so there was extra food left over with no wraps. I had a Mango Margarita which was horrible. It tasted just like syrup. This place should of stayed the Wayside Inn.