“Best Mexican - - only Mexican - - in town”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of La Quetzalteca

La Quetzalteca
Ranked #33 of 47 Restaurants in Smyrna
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Smyrna, Delaware
“Best Mexican - - only Mexican - - in town”
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Standard Mexican fare, the Mariachi band was interesting one night. I wouldn't drive a distance for it, but being in a town filled with pizza shops, it's a nice change.

• Visited February 2014

“It's Ok....”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I have been here several times and I will NEVER order the tacos again the meat was not cooked and completely ruined my appetite. The place could use a good cleaning. The other food other than the tacos has always been very good. The service could be a little better too. More on top of things. One thing I do hate about this place is the do not bring you a new cup for refill. They take your cup along with everyone sitting at your table to the back to refill it. That maybe just a pet peeve of mine but it grosses me out. This is a place where you just have to see for yourself. Sometimes it is great and sometimes i say I am never coming back and end up going because I am sick of Pizza and that is all there is really in Smyrna.

• Visited July 2013
Dover, Delaware
“Best Mexican Food in Kent County”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Experienced the best "homemade" Mexican food in the area. We've tried them all and this is the best. All the other Mexican restaurants taste like they are made from frozen food. The restaurants are noisy, this one quite pleasant. They have three restaurants, one in Millsboro, one in Georgetown, and this one in Smyrna

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank HKonowitz3
Smyrna, Delaware
“There is better out there”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We were in Smyrna last night for the local carnival. We decided to try this Mexican Restaurant as we love Mexican food. We probably will not be returning and just stick to the Restaurant that we love in Middletown. It was hot and uncomfortable in the Restaurant so I couldn't enjoy myself. The food was over priced. I ordered their special which only came with three small fajita wraps so there was extra food left over with no wraps. I had a Mango Margarita which was horrible. It tasted just like syrup. This place should of stayed the Wayside Inn.

• Visited April 2013
Smyrna, Delaware
“Tasty Mexican in Smyrna”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Quetzalteca has become one of our favorite restaurants in a short time. The prices are good and you do get a lot of food. Great Value for a home town Mexican restaurant.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank chevychopper

Been to La Quetzalteca? Share your experiences!