“The New Menu Variety--Astonishing!”
Review of Simmer Time - CLOSED

Simmer Time
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I experienced the new menu, food and service in order to select a great restaurant/bar for incoming friends/family visiting me this summer 2014.

Overall, Simmer Time is one place I will take my guests for their time here in West Fennick/Del & Ocean City/Maryland.

Thank you Jake, the fantastic server, which did a great job explaining the new menu which includes:

--The "Fun do" for a great selection of cheese pots and a variety of Fondues

--The "Tapas" including everything from Grilled Mussels, Ahi Tuna, Margaret's Fries with metled cheddar crispy bacon with crabmeat/ old bay (named after speical owner's mom) to fresh daily homemade fire grill pizzas!

--The "Awesome Entrees" from bacon wrapped BBQ scallops with key lime BBQ sauce, Black & Blue Strip Streaks with blue cheese, BBQ Chicken & Shrimp, to what I ordered--the Stuffed Shrimp and Crabmeat. (Absolutely delicious!)

--"Kids" a menu with a variety of healthy selections to kid's favorites & finally....

---"The Chocalate Meltdowns" with decadent sacues and dipping treats.

From great food, wine, beverages, service and atmosphere...I am sure this "summer time" for my family/friends at "Simmer Time" will be one great experience!

There are newer reviews for Simmer Time

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Private atmosphere with an amazing and diverse appetizers / entrees. Service is very personable. Grilled pizza, fondue or select from a very diverse menu that appeals to children and adults. Evening hours focused towards adult gathering

Reviewed April 17, 2014

Great options overall for all ages! From wine, cheese & chocolate fondues to a surf & turf meal with salad bar, one is satisfied with all!
Very warm and spacious atmosphere with great service, prices and one rewarding experience.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Our first trip to Simmer Time was last night. We sat at the bar and loved the bartender. He was so much fun. He made my Manhatten just the way I like it. We went in for the lobster. It was wonderful and more than I could eat.. I got the raspberry desert and it was yummy.. We live right down the street and sorry we haven't been here before.. We will be regular's. I am getting the fondue the next time..

Reviewed February 11, 2014

We were excited to try this new restaurant. Having stopped in the day before for a drink and preview, we brought friends from out of town the next evening.

On the plus side, we really enjoyed the atmosphere and the service staff was exceptionally friendly.

We started off sharing the cheese fondue. It included fresh veggies and bread for dipping. The quality of the fondue was excellent but not enough fondue for veggies and bread. A little disappointing,.

Next was the entrees. One of us had a chicken nut rice bowl. The flavor was good but it was a very heavy dish. We felt it was average. Another person had the Tuna which was a special. It was good but somewhat over cooked from what was expected. The portion was not great but the prices aren't either.

Two of us ordered the Scallop Bowl. This was probably the most disappointing of the entrees. While the portion was adequate and the flavor was acceptable, we both had two problems with the scallops. First, they were overdone and not tender. Beyond that, we were a little suspect as to the fact that for sea size scallops, they were too uniform and cut thin. I wouldn't go so far to say they were imitation or cut from skate, but they certainly were not the quality we would like to have seen.

Because we felt the pricing was reasonable, we will certainly give it another try and hopefully will find it improved as they gain experience.