“Stop by and check it out”
Review of Simmer Time - CLOSED

Simmer Time
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We decided to try the chocolate fondue and it was great. I love they way they make it so you can watch. The pomtini I had was also very tasty. Server was great and it is truly different. Will go back with friends next time.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

We are experienced fondue eaters and makers, having been at it for over 50 years. We saw this restaurant advertized and thought we would check it out on a summer night. We went there initially for desert, thinking we would try the chocolate fondue but decided to try out the traditional cheese fondue. Server was very friendly and tried to explain the fondue concept to us not knowing that we were quite experienced. They melt the cheese in a double boiler over hot water and the add a thimble full of white wine. When I asked what kind of wine they used, he told me that it was a "box" white. We make fondue by melting the cheese directly in a heated Swiss or German white wine. Bottom line, the fondue was very good, but the portion for two was miniscule. Will go back to try the rest of the menu.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Fondue is the concept here. (Cooking at the table seems like a “non-beachy” thing.) My wife and I went last Tuesday with another couple. We had “Cheese Fondue” for an appetizer, “Beef Fondue” for the entrée and “Chocolate Fondue” for desert. All were very good and fairly priced. Service was the big problem. The server was pleasant and well trained, but there was only one of him. Dinner took three hours; we enjoyed talking, but……. I think management badly underestimated the number of customers. Parking is another issue; “Simmer Time” is upstairs over a very popular Italian Restaurant, so I had some problems finding a parking space. On the positive side there is an elevator, which, the hostess explained, is required for all new or remodeled dining areas in Delaware. (7/30/13)

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Frequently, new restaurants have major growing pains. We did not find any. This place is similar to a Melting Pot but is a bit more unique. They offer four different cheese melt pots, four different simmer stocks, fourteen different entree selections for cooking in the stock and six chocolate fondues. We had the traditional cheese fondue and chocolate fondue. My wife cannot have alchohol so they suggested a vegtable stock in place of the wine in the cheese fondue. The atmosphere in the restaurant is excellent with very attractive booths and the cooking surface table. Our server, Jake, was very attentive and went out of his way to ensure that everthing was to our liking. All in all, a very satisfactory experience and we plan to be back often. They take reservations which is a great plus in a busy beach area.

2  Thank cisboombob