“Awesome!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Reviewed June 21, 2014

If you are in the Ocean City area, take some time to head over in to Delaware and enjoy a great hoagie from this place. It is located in a little industrial shopping center, and from the outside you may think you are in the wrong place. Once inside, you will see a definite representation of the Philly sports scene and have access to some awesome food.
My favorite - the Buffalo Chicken Philly (with extra hot sauce). The small could actually feed two people! The chicken is in chunks, not minced like many other places, and fresh. The hoagies are made on rolls that come fresh from Philly daily (that's what they told me anyway, and they tasted great). All hoagies are made to order as well as the fries and onion rings, which come with a variety of toppings available. The food is always piping hot and holds well if you are carrying out.
I've tried their pizza and there are better options in OC for that. However, when it comes to hoagies - you're missing out if you don't make a trip out to Selbyville. (10 minutes from North OC)

There are newer reviews for Taste of South Philly

Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Rolls weren't fresh. Meat on the cheese steak was okay..but not enough cheese or onions on the sub. It was also disappointing to see one of the staff members wearing a shirt with marijuana leaves on it!!! You want a REAL cheese steak?? Go down the street to THE CRABCAKE FACTORY!

3  Thank mouseskin
Reviewed February 1, 2014

It's really no more than a sub shop; atmosphere is not inviting to be a restaurant. The Italian cold cut is very good; lots of tasty meats. Bread is okay. Pizza mushy. Delivery okay although deliverer was kind of spacey. Pricey but sub did have quality meats and cheese. Not on the top of my list.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

I've only been a few times, but sadly my last experience there prompted the review. First of all, their subs are huge, the bread is great, and the price is right. The cold cut sub I had there was one of the best I've ever had. My first cheesesteak there I proclaimed best on the eastern shore (sorry Highstakes). The meat was fresh and tender--really nothing could be improved in my opinion.
BUT, the other cheesesteak I got after that was basically the worst, most inedible one I've ever had. The bread was still good and fresh, but the meat was as tough as rubber bands. Literally it could not be chewed. It was so bad that I have been scared to go back and try again. I'm sure I will eventually, but I can't really recommend it to anyone for fear that they'll get that experience. If I go back and try another one I'll edit this.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

A great roll makes all the difference and they have a great one, also the freshly sliced meat and cheese do not hurt either - we will be back, can't wait to try their steak sandwiches and pizza.