“Is bread really from Philadelphia everyday????” 3 of 5 bubbles

Taste of South Philly
Ranked #10 of 38 Restaurants in Selbyville
Cuisines: American, Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
selbyville
“Is bread really from Philadelphia everyday????”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

It's really no more than a sub shop; atmosphere is not inviting to be a restaurant. The Italian cold cut is very good; lots of tasty meats. Bread is okay. Pizza mushy. Delivery okay although deliverer was kind of spacey. Pricey but sub did have quality meats and cheese. Not on the top of my list.

• Visited January 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Ocean City, Maryland
“Mixed so far”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

I've only been a few times, but sadly my last experience there prompted the review. First of all, their subs are huge, the bread is great, and the price is right. The cold cut sub I had there was one of the best I've ever had. My first cheesesteak there I proclaimed best on the eastern shore (sorry Highstakes). The meat was fresh and tender--really nothing could be improved in my opinion.
BUT, the other cheesesteak I got after that was basically the worst, most inedible one I've ever had. The bread was still good and fresh, but the meat was as tough as rubber bands. Literally it could not be chewed. It was so bad that I have been scared to go back and try again. I'm sure I will eventually, but I can't really recommend it to anyone for fear that they'll get that experience. If I go back and try another one I'll edit this.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
home
“Best Philly Sub!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

A great roll makes all the difference and they have a great one, also the freshly sliced meat and cheese do not hurt either - we will be back, can't wait to try their steak sandwiches and pizza.

• Visited January 2014
Bethany Beach, Delaware
“A real Philly hoagie”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

Taste of South Philly has the best Italian hoagie that I've eaten in 15 years here at the beach. Their other sandwiches, also made with fresh rolls that are brought in from Philly every day, are very good and blow everyone else's from Rehoboth to OCMD out of the water. Excellent pizza made with fresh (never frozen) dough made daily, and nice size wings. Their prices are very good, especially for the quality and quantity you get. They have a few tables and booths to dine in, but they also have delivery. The owners (Tim and George) are good guys who will always make time to to say hello and converse no matter how busy they are. Excellent place.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Gives Philadelphians a Bad Rap”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

Bad experience. Arrogant service. Bread seemed stale. I like Philly hoagie rolls, but it seemed like these were yesterday's. The steak meat was sliced too thick and the pieces were large and tough, like they were cooked early in the day and just reheated. I got a pizza steak and there was hardly any sauce and it was dry. When we discussed our discontent when leaving, their attitude (verbatim) was "you can't please everyone" with shrugged shoulders. The parking lot was empty, so obviously they weren't pleasing anyone today. They don't give a good impression of Philadelphians.

Visited November 2013