“Worth a Stop”

Doyles Restaurant Incorporated
Ranked #24 of 38 Restaurants in Selbyville
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Worth a Stop”
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

On a road trip we happened upon this little place. The food was comfort Americana. The prices were reasonable and the staff was friendly. Definitely a place to stop by when in the neighborhood.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Christopher M

Fenwick Island, Delaware
“Bad Food; Terrible Service”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We went to Doyle’s Restaurant in Selbyville for dinner.

Shawna ordered a steak salad. When the server brought out the salad, we could tell it would not be good. The meat was limp and was a funny color. It looked so bad, Shawna did not even taste it.

The server seemed disturbed when Shawna told her she did not want it. She asked Shawna if she wanted anything else, but by that time Shawna had lost her appetite. She offered to take the salad off the bill.

I ordered the ravioli with marinara sauce. The ravioli was overcooked and was hard to chew.
The marinara sauce was bitter and left an aftertaste. It was probably the worst ravioli I ever had.

Crista ordered the liver which was seriously overcooked and had no taste. She had a few bites, but that was all she could eat.

When the server presented the bill, the salad was included. We asked her about it. She said she forgot to take it off the bill.

The server did not seem to mind that we ate very little of our dinners. It was as though she was doing us a favor by waiting on us. She did not seem to care.

I would definitely NOT recommend Doyle’s as a place to dine. It is not a place that I will return to.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank hoopscoach-dmar
Fenwick Island, Delaware
“Doyles of Selbyville - best kept secret near the beach.”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Doyles is one of those family owned and operated restaurants that has been around (just about) forever. Being that it appears a bit dated but, just like a pair of old shoes, it is comfortable and you always know what to expect.

Being a "comfortable" place you expect the comfort food to be very good. It is! It is wonderful. You can also expect generous portions, friendly service and very reasonable prices. We have never been disappointed with the food but have not been impressed with the salad bar, where the offerings seem a bit limited.

There is usually an All You Can Eat (AUCE) special on the menu board as you enter the dining area (they also have an old-fashioned "diner" attached - I suppose it was the original Doyles - but we have never dined in that side).

The (around) ten dollar AUCE specials might be something like (really good) fried chicken, spaghetti and salad, and - my personal favorite on Thursdays - the Chicken and Dumplings. Yum.

My wife and I usually get out of there for around $30, including tip. Being in Delaware there is no sales tax or liquor tax, as there is in nearby Maryland, so your dining dollars go a bit further.

• Visited March 2014
NY
“Way Below Average”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Location is handy but the place is uninspired to say the least. Have tried it twice thinking they may have had one bad day, but it was blah each time. Service was ok but the food was not hot and definitely not homemade. Sides were bland and we will definitely not return. I don't understand why they are still in business, honestly.

• Visited April 2013
Dagsboro, Delaware
“Doesn't change much...”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Doyles have been a staple of Selbyville for decades. My husband and inlaws and I had an early dinner there on a Sunday. The restaurant was not crowded. I ordered a t-bone steak. It was juicy and cooked to a perfect medium. My husband had hot turkey and stuffing. He seemed satisfied. We both had baked potatoes, which were cold however. Inlaws had friend shrimp basket...typical diner basket fried food. They didn't really say anything great about it. Basket of rolls brought to table include cornbread, always warm and good. Service was just ok. Server actually sat at a table next to us chatting with a couple. I sort of found this to be rude. She didn't really check on us much. We had to wait for refills of our drinks even though she was right next to us. We go to Doyles if nothing else in the area appeals to us. It's not a place we plan on going to first.

Visited June 2013