“Scrapple”

Ranked #23 of 38 Restaurants in Selbyville
Bishopville, Maryland
“Scrapple”
Reviewed January 7, 2012

Sunday brunch is gonna be your best meal at Doyles. Located just over the DE line on 113, it is a convenient place to eat. Haven't eaten there in a couple of years because the food was never consistent. Give it a try

1 Thank judy57mom

Eastern Shore, Virginia
“Most disappointing restaurant on the Shore”
Reviewed October 16, 2009

I have been a faithful diner at Doyles for the past 25 years, however, in one fell swoop, they have lost my confidence AND my business.

Traveling north on Rte 113 from our home in Virginia, Doyles became a family favorite. Easy access, good home cooking, and a wait staff that remained year after year. Apparently someone else purchased the restaurant and decided it needed drastic changes. Gone are the friendly staff, and the good home cooking. I ordered a cold roast beef sandwich, and it tasted and smelled distinctively moldy. I tried one bite. My husband, tried another, to further decide if it was my taste buds, or the sandwich itself. It was the sandwich. When my husband was finished his lunch (and not a moment before), the waitress finally returned. I told her the sandwich tasted moldy. She asked if I wanted anything else, and I told her no. At that point, the idea of eating anything made me queasy. She returned a few minutes later with a check FOR ONE HALF THE SANDWICH! I told her there was no way I was going to pay for something I couldn't eat. She called the manager/owner(?). He told me that since we ate 1/2 the sandwich, we would be charged 1/2 the price. I told him that there was only, at most, 1/4 of the sandwich eaten, and they would be lucky if I didn't get sick from it. (Which I later did.) After calling me stupid, no allusion, he actually called me stupid!, he agreed not to charge me for the sandwich. Is this a restaurant you would trust the health and well-being of your family or friends? They would serve you spoiled food, then call you stupid if you don't eat it? I would not recommend buying water at this restaurant, much less a meal.
I have never complained about a restaurant before, and have never written a bad review of any establishment before, but this place--for the safety of the public--should be passed over as a possible place to dine with those you care about.

5 Thank Frostysmom