“Amazing summer concerts”

The Freeman Stage at Bayside
More attraction details
Owner description: The Freeman Stage at Bayside is an outdoor performing arts venue operated by the Joshua Freeman Foundation, a 501(c)3 non-profit fundraising organization. The Freeman Stage at Bayside strives to offer a wide range of diverse and quality arts experiences to people of all ages and backgrounds in the Mid-Atlantic area. The stage is open to the public and we welcome residents and visitors to spend time with us during our outdoor stage season. Typically, the season is between Memorial Day and Labor Day and presents over 50 performances. Genres include dance, live music, national recording artists, and theatre.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Amazing summer concerts”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I experience several concerts this summer at Freeman. The venue is perfect for outdoor concerts. You will have an up close and personal experience with the artist.

Jessup, Maryland
147 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 162 helpful votes
“amazing experience”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I took my 10 month old infants here to watch the Irish Celtic band Cherish the Ladies. It was a wonderfully casual venue. The sound was first rate and the staff was super friendly. For this show, it was just bring-you-own-camp-chair and there was a lot of room to spread out. I'd imagine that for a bigger show it might feel crowded but it was perfect for us. There was food, clean bathrooms close enough that you could still hear the show inside, the water nearby kept it breezy and cool. Fantastic sunset, NO BUGS and a great show. I would go here again in a heartbeat.

Visited September 2013
georgetown
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“This is a hidden gem!”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Wow! Really nice set up, saw Pat Benatar here last month and we are already planning on coming back for other shows. Easily available restrooms, mini bars and food. Paid performances have the chairs/bleacher seating provided, my one complaint is the TIGHT seating in the bleachers. I am five foot 105 pounds and I felt squashed. They have many free shows that look great also, and I will be happy to bring my own chair to avoid the bleachers.

1 Thank thezoo5
Bethesda, Maryland
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great Entertainment at the Beach”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Great place to go for an inexpensive evening out. They have attracted big names for this year, Michael McDonald, Pat Benatar, Lyle Lovitt, etc. Sponsored by the Freeman Foundation which brings the arts to kids in Sussex county.

Visited August 2013
Ocean City, Maryland
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Great venue for a casual evening and concert”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

My wife went for the first time earlier this season (Sir Rod ) have already been back twice with family and friends ( Blues Brothers Review and Bruce in the USA). The venue is perfect for a relaxed outside concert. Traffic kept us from arriving as early as planned but even with seats in the back half we could see and hear fine. I don't think there is a bad seat in the house.

Parking is free and within easy walking access to the venue. No lines to speak of and leaving after the event was quick and orderly

All the events we attended were "bring your own chair" - you are fine with either low beach chairs or standard lawn chairs ( about 50% of both were at the event) but I'd recommend to opt for the higher lawn or folding camp type which will give you a better view. Sit to the right and you'll be adjacent to the lake.

The staff are all volunteers and are extremely friendly and helpful. All in all this is a great place for an evening out without the pressures and expense of big ticket concerts