“Rusted Safety Pins, Ants, Scary Elevator!”

Comfort Suites Seaford
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Seaford
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Booked 3 nights at this hotel. Went to 4th floor room in screaming, shaking elevator that scared my children. Arrived to find only 1 king size bed for 4 people. Immediately went to front desk where they told me it was not their fault but the travel website I used. Told I had to call someone else as they were not going to help. Again, I was here for 3 nights; would have thought they would try work with me to find a solution....nope! Room was dirty. My children found two rusted safety pins (1 open) on the floor. Brought them down and gave to front desk and had to ask them to vacuum room for safety. Also found someones hair under the drinking glasses in the bathroom. Ants all over bathroom floor and window sill (I was on 4th floor?). After my bed problem and rusted safety pins issue that could have hurt someone, you would have thought the hotel manager would have contacted me....Nope. I contacted Choice Hotels and had to wait 2 weeks before GM, Ruth emailed me and blamed everyone else for her dirty, unsafe hotel. Dismissed the rusted safety pins as "missed by housekeeping when vacuuming" She then insulted me by offering 1,000 points to use at her dirty hotel in the future....of course I would have to earn 7,000 more points before I had enough for a free night. No thank you Comfort Suites and Choice Hotels. Never again!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank IKE6184

Reviewed July 24, 2012

I guess I stayed here at the wrong time. There were kids running up and down the halls and the hotel staff didn't seem to mind nor did the chaperones. The hotel is nice and the staff is very friendly. The hotel is clean and located in the middle of everything. I heard they have some sort of baseball thing going on every once in a while so the rates were a little high $104.00 a night for an area that doesn't really have anything going on.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Wonderful atmosphere, very very pleasant staff, Ruth Wood, Sharon DeShield, Jenn Sammons, Erin McHugh, Victoria Williams, and Chandell Hayes all of them were helpful from registration to breakfast to checking out.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Virgenia10
Reviewed June 16, 2012

This hotel was very clean and had great accomodations would recommend this to anyone who is staying in the area.

Room Tip: all rooms are clean
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank travelreviewer2
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I stay at this hotel frequently for business travel. Clean, quiet, exceptional value.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Phil L
Reviewed February 21, 2012

My husband, daughter, and I stayed at the Comfort Suites in Seaford for my friend's 25th wedding anniversary celebration. We had so many things go wrong, from my car breaking down to my almost being hit by a truck on rte 13! The staff, however, at the Comfort Suites were SO WONDERFUL! Erin even went above and beyond to wrap a cake for us! The 2 days in Seaford were disasterous, but staying at the Comfort Suites made it just a bit better, and if I ever am in town again, I will DEFINITELY go back to the Comfort Suites!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank pooh1andpooh2
Reviewed October 3, 2011

We stayed here for a quick weekend get away from the kids. We stayed during a Nascar weekend at Dover. This was the closest we could get to Dover Downs and it was not to far out of the way. The staff was friendly (Russ I hope you got your Smithfield ham). The room was large,cleaned, and stocked everyday. The bed was made but the sheets were not changed everyday. The price was decent (watch out for the safe fee, it is added everyday ask it to be removed). All in all I would stay here again if I could not get something closer to Dover Downs

Pros: clean room,friendly staff, resonable price, close to Hwy 13, within 35 mins of Dover

Cons: towels scratchy,sheets not changed every day, free breakfast was less then mediocre, rooms close to highway can get noisey, barebones toiletries,

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway. Check the hotels wedsite for rates and compair. I got a bette...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seaford
Hampton Inn Seaford
Hampton Inn Salisbury
#2 of 14 in Salisbury
11 mi away
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Georgetown Delaware Beaches

Been to Comfort Suites Seaford? Share your experiences!