“Not Impressed.”

Cuisines: Chinese, Thai
Goderich, Canada
“Not Impressed.”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

The kids wanted Thai for dinner on Saturday so we ordered take out from this place. We called in our order and a couple items we wanted they said they didn't have so we made a couple substitutions. We were also told it would be ready in 30 minutes. So I left to get in it 10 minutes, since its a 15 minute drive there, I'd rather be a bit early just in case it was ready early.

Once I got there and checked in they told me that they were out of another item that we ordered so I picked another replacement and they told me they would give us a free soup for the trouble.

Anyway, 30 minutes turned into 45 minutes, which turned into 55 minutes... and low and behold I finally walked out with our order at the 1 hour mark. I wasn't the only person sitting there waiting for an extended time either.

So I get home and my wife and I unpack our dinner and low and behold our main course is missing. It's too far to go back and have to deal with that again so we just made due with what we had.

As far as the food goes, the spring rolls were good. Really good actually. But everything else was mediocre at best. This was the only time that we have had take out where the leftovers went in the compost bin instead of the fridge.

I guess you could say we tried this place twice in one day... first and last.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank jkingma

Hamilton, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Thai in Greater Hamilton Area”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

AMAZING EXPERIENCE HERE

Went there last night for dinner. Mind was blown.

I got the pumpkin soup to start which was recommended to me by my dining companion. I was extremely happy with the colour, flavour, and consistancy of the soup as well as the portion size.

At this point I was full enough to regret ordering the Brian Special pad thai as well but when it was brought out I could help but smile and just gorge myself a little more. The thing was massive and absolutely packed with shrimp, chicken and beef. I couldn't help but be filled with joy when it was placed in front of me. The flavours wonderfully fused together in what can only be called the pad thai of my dreams. I fear that Brian has ruined all other types of pad thai for me and nothing will ever live up to what he served.

The value of Cashew Thai was truly outstanding and would make me drive the extra little bit to go there again. The dishes were huge and filled with the good stuff. No filler!

The place was spotlessly clean, well decorated and the atmosphere really just made me relaxed and ready to enjoy. The service was helpful, fast, and made us feel very welcome.

I would definitely recommend this place to anybody seeking a quality Thai experience.

• Visited July 2013
Smithville,Ontario,Canadsa
“Excellent”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Great food.. great staff..Have been there 4 times since April..With family and with friend ..each time not disappointed ..Hope to be going back soon!!

• Visited April 2013
“Delish!”
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Lunch deals are the best in town, and really delicious. Chef Brian is friendly and very accommodating. The set lunch offerings are varied and are so filling that you probably won't need dinner!

• Visited March 2013