“Amazing food at reasonable prices.”

The Village Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 121 Restaurants in Stoney Creek
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Fine family dining at affordable prices. Open daily for full service menu with hearty breakfasts, tantalizing lunches and in house made dinners that include mouthwatering prime rib, fresh cut steaks, chicken, seafood, pasta, homemade burgers, clubhouse sandwiches, daily soups and much more ..... guaranteed to satisfy any palate. Family owned and operated and celebrating 40 years in business in the same location since April 1976. Staff is welcoming and friendly ! Newly renovated in September 2015 and waiting to see you! Come by and say hello.
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This restaurant has a great menu. The food is outstanding and the staff is very obliging. I would recommend this restaurant to everyone.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Located in the middle of old Stoney Creek this restaurant has served the locals for ages earning itself the status of a ‘tradition.’ The decor is a middle of road restaurant look or a high end diner style. I went for breakfast and there were no surprises. Breakfast food having a sort of standardised expectations, The Village, made the grade in my opinion.

I ordered the Ham and Cheese Omelette and it was properly cooked. It had flavour and the ham and cheddar were both yummy. The toast and suds were ok. My friends liked their orders and no one complained.

The Village has been there a long time and has a good reputation for a indie restaurant. Thank God for the Greeks who run these kinds of restaurants! I have eaten in many diners and the food may not be rocket science, but as long as it is properly cooked, no surprises, and the service is good, then opa!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

The Village Restaurant is just what we always had in a little community: a good old family restaurant in the centre of a small town where you could always go for friendly service and some hearty basic home cooking.
This place has the same well-worn but homestead kitchen/dining room feel to it with panelled walls and old-time leatherette booths and chairs which anywhere else would be considered out-dated. But here it works ...it is well-maintained and clean. (Reminds me of the old SLOAN'S RESTAURANT up in Gravenhurst...or was it Bracebridge???? Where my parrents used to take me on trips to Muskoka.......).
What really shines here are the lovely, friendly smiles of the servers and the well-sized portions of some good old breakfast food. Decided on the basic breakfast and the peameal bacon is thick-sliced and truly meaty and the sausages are probably from local farmers as they have that non-processed taste to them. Eggs are done exactly to your request and the home fries have that good crispy skin on them ( I always ask for them as "double-fried" to get
'em extra crunchy!)
Prices are reasonable but much below Toronto. Nice place....we'll be back....a good side trip/start to the day if you are heading down to Niagara!

2  Thank Doug W
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Seeing as Attic is more of a bar with some restaurant seating, it offers basic fare. Pizza, wings, are 2 of the things I have eaten there. I found them to very good and would eat there again

1  Thank Paul M
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We have come to this restaurant for years and despite the generational change in the restaurant's management, it has continued with the same good food at reasonable prices with friendly and welcoming service. They even allow us to order meals that are not currently listed in their menu! My husband brought me here for dinner after I had been in a traffic accident, and if anyone needed comfort food after that experience, I certainly did. It was the week before our (Canadian) Thanksgiving holiday, so I ordered the turkey dinner. There was enough food to last through two more dinners at home, and every morsel was delicious. Now this is a place to go on the evening when the lady of the house doesn't feeling like cooking but you may need to make a reservation on weekends.

1  Thank Wynyfred