“Disappointing”

Ranked #2 of 111 Restaurants in Stoney Creek
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Lovely old manor on the lake with very nice gardens. Reservations had been made one week prior requesting a window table, but of course was told " no guarantees" Is that not the purpose of making a reservation well in advance for a Tues afternoon lunch???? Of course we were not given the table as requested as it was "being held" for a couple who had ordered a $100 bottle
of wine....... did we really need to know that??
Our table, although by a side window was very wobbly ..... told the waitress and she became rather annoyed and impatient at having to try to adjust it. She moved us to the table directly opposite which happened to be placed directly over the floor register that was blasting very cold air, so we moved back to the original wobbly one which we discovered also was placed over a floor register. She told me I definitely should order a drink as I apparently needed one ( insulting to say the least) and I replied that yes I certainly did and remarked that it must be very difficult to deal with the public (although my concerns were definitely not unreasonable) !!!!! The lunch menu did not offer lighter fare entrees and seemed more like a dinner menu with prices approx $20 per entree. I ordered the veal piccata med rare but it was verging on well done instead. The presentation was very nice and the meal was tasty enuf albeit overdone. The server did not come once to our table to inquire about our lunch as she was much tooooo busy laughing with and fawning over the loud, obnoxious couple who had ordered the $100 bottle of wine( obviously hoping for a huge tip). I would have preferred to not leave a tip but left the usual 15% anyway. I have been to the Edgewater previously and have found it to be satisfactory at best but will never return after this unpleasant experience.

4  Thank s7m5k
Peter T, General Manager at Edgewater Manor Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2015

I am sorry to hear about your experience. We try and make every experience great. I have spoken to your server about your experience. If you have the heart to give us another try please let me know and we will defiantly try and make it wonderful. I have taken all your comments to heart and changes have been made.

Cheers

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Was at EdgeWater Manor for a wedding.The hotel is old stone and wood lovely but the reception room could use some improvements,the dance floor was the tiniest i have ever seen. The food was excellent as was the service except the bar was always busy and took a long time to get a drink,when you took your drink back to your table and got up to dance or step outside the drink was gone when you got back and then another long wait for a drink only to have it taken away again,Lovely spot with a great view of the lake.

2  Thank donnalee45
Peter T, Owner at Edgewater Manor Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2015

Thank you for your comments. We are all ways trying to improve ourselves and comments like this help. We have recently changed our floors so now the whole room is essentially a dance floor. We hope to see you soon for dinner.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

I had lunch recently at the Edgewater Manor with family & this restaurant has become my favorite restaurant in the Hamilton area. It is a little pricey for me to eat there as often as my family members do, but soo worth it! The food is delicious! For our appetizers, I had a Caesar salad, my mom had the Chefs Daily Soup creation, my aunt had the Edgewater salad. Our entrees were 2 Barrel Makers stew (one for my Grandma & one for myself), my mom had the pistachio crusted salmon & my aunt had the scallops & risotto. We also had some yummy desserts to top off our lunch experience! We had a wonderful view of the lake & it was a great family lunch!

Peter T, Manager at Edgewater Manor Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2015

Thank you so much for your kind words. Whenever we know we have become some ones favorite we know we are on the right track.

Cheers

Reviewed April 16, 2014

If you are on a budget do not go here.This is in my mind one of the top Restaurants in the Hamilton area.The food is exceptional,the view of the Lake is fantastic and the staff are friendly.They have an extensive Wine list.For a special occasion this is the place to go.But be prepared to spend.

4  Thank woodeye66
Peter T, General Manager at Edgewater Manor Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2015

Thank you for your review. We try to make things exceptional and our pricing is designed that way. Our pricing is in line or cheaper then our true competitors and we stick to our quality and value. Thank you for the kind words and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Perfect for a special occasion as it is a bit pricey. Food is superb. Service is on the relaxed slow side, so let them know if you're in a hurry. Ask for a window seat for lake view.

1  Thank AngelVBr
Peter T, Manager at Edgewater Manor Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2015

Thank you for your review. Yes things are a little more relaxed and less fast paced. We try and create a great experience and let people enjoy. We hope to see you soon.