“Good food and service, strange music”

Edgewater Manor Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 111 Restaurants in Stoney Creek
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Burlington
“Good food and service, strange music”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Edgewater Manor has beautiful location on the shore of Lake Ontario. When we arrived for dinner on a Friday evening there was a wedding party occupying the main room overlooking the lake so we were relegated to the back room overlooking the parking lot. We were not informed of this when we made the reservation several weeks before dining as I specifically requested a window seat in the alcove facing the lake. I imagine they knew this would not be possible at the time.

Service was attentive, although we did have to ask one of the bartenders to seat us initially as there was no maître de and most other staff appeared to be busy with the wedding party.

The dining room was well arranged and decorated, however there was very loud rock music playing when we arrived. When we asked the server to reduce the noise he obliged after commenting. "I thought you might find it aggravating” I must admit we have never been in a fine dining room like Edgewater with Elvis music playing.

The food was generally quite good and the bean and salsa soup was very creative. The crème brule trio for desert was superb. We chose shrimp and lobster and beef and lobster for entrees. While both portions were large the lobster tails for both were a little overdone and rubbery.

Overall it was a good experience with a few idiosyncrasies.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank 243Furby
Peter T, Owner at Edgewater Manor Restaurant, responded to this review, July 7, 2015
We always try and make every experience great. As for music we always like to change it up and make it fun, elegant and different. I am a huge Elivs fan so once in awhile you may here Elivs or Frank or Dean or Ella or Michael - plus many more of the great.

I hope we see you soon and we can always change or add to our list.

Cheers

Oakville, Canada
“Great Lunch”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Four of us met for lunch and nobody was disappointed. Our server was excellent the pacing of the meal was good. They could use a small Caesar as a starter but it was very good and the aioli dip for the fries was exceptional. It's not cheap but neither are the surroundings.

• Visited July 2013
Peter T, Manager at Edgewater Manor Restaurant, responded to this review, July 7, 2015
Thank you for the kind words. Value is very important to us therefore our portions are always healthy. We hope to see you soon.
Toronto, Canada
“Mansion by the Lake”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

The location and building at Edgewater Manor bring back memories of old-fashioned country estates, and the main dining room is certainly very elegant with an alcove at the south end overlooking the lake. However, I've found over the years that the food does not always meet the high standards one would expect for the prices charged, so regrettably I cannot rate the restaurant in this lovely old building any higher.

• Visited June 2012
Peter T, Owner at Edgewater Manor Restaurant, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Wynyfred

I was reading your review and I am sorry you felt this way when you visited us. I would love for you to come back and give a try and let us know what you think now. Our food matches our settings and our comforting atmosphere. We try not to be urban - we just try to be great.

I hope we can meet some day.

Cheers
Peter
Ontario Canada
“Fine Dining”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

It has been awhile since my wife and I visited this restaurant for a birthday celebration. However we enjoyed it very much. A beautiful property on the lake, with fantastic food and excellent service.Prices were quite steep but it was worth the money as the atmosphere was great.

• Visited May 2012
Peter T, Manager at Edgewater Manor Restaurant, responded to this review, June 12, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to give us your kind words. Our pricing reflects our high quality and value. We never send anyone home hungry.

Thank you.
Hamilton, Canada
“Big promises underdelivered”
Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

I have been meaning to go for years and just find it is not in a location I often think about. As you drive up, you see a beautiful, old building on the water. There was a little hiccup as we were getting seated but not a big deal. Our server was solid although he didn't make me feel confident with his food knowledge. I think I may have ordered poorly, but ended up dining on calamari that was horribly overcooked and a steak that had a nasty ribbon of sinew running right through it (it was clearly visible and seen by the chef before he chose to cook it). The menu read quite well (if a little out of date in it's style), but I certainly didn't feel happy with what I received, especially when the bill came. I also witnessed the manager (owner?) inappropriately talking down to his staff in view of our table. I really can't stand to witness that while I'm dining, and found his demeanour nasty. My overall experience was quite poor.

• Visited March 2013
5 Thank Joey S
Hi Joey

I am sorry to read that your evening was not fabulous. I am the owner and manager and I have a great relationship with all of my staff and would never talk to anyone in an inappropriate manner. They will all attest to that. As for your meal I would love to make it up to you if we can. I was never informed about this concern. Please feel free to contact me directly so that we can make your view on what we do better. As for being outdated - we like to consider us classic. Our appeal is comfort classic food. We do not try to re-invent the wheel. I hope you will give us another try.