“Wish I checked here first”
Review of Lake Trail Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Lake Trail Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Stoney Creek
buffalo
“Wish I checked here first”
Reviewed June 8, 2011

I so wish I had checked trip advisor earlier, I would of then made another choice of places to stay. I smelt smoke and not just cigarettes and they have live ins I believe...walked past my window at night. No curtians on the windows to cover the blind that doesnt fit enough to block anyone looking in. I read the owners reply on the last review and was surprised they said new towels and furniture along with mattresses because it wasnt in my room. My chair in my room was so old my great grandma would think she is at home, but it goes with the rest of the room...old and out dated. I feel sorry for people trying to make it but please choose something you know about...and please try something else besides vinegar to clean with, I dont want to sleep in a room that smells like an order of french fries.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank cartraveler2000

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Guelph, Canada
Reviewed April 21, 2011

Well my stay was interesting, from highway noise to people next door stopping by to just bump uglies at night was not my idea of a nice sleep. Don't let the reno's on the outside fool you, the rooms are still stuck in the old days. Rusted lamp to grey towels(i guess they were once white) and a bedspread with burns and holes, oh bring your own because the heat is either not on or it is kept real low. There is a lot wrong with this place thats for sure, too bad another business has went to people who don't know what they are doing.
If you are a drug user or just out to cheat on your spouse then this is the perfect place for you to get a room.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
justamention, Owner at Lake Trail Motel, responded to this review, May 2, 2011
As the owner, I am greatly saddened to hear that your stay was anything less than great. We try to met our customers need to the best of our ability, I only wish this was brought to our attention immediately, for we hold our customers in high regard and would do are best to ensure complaints are dealt with immediately. Lake Trail Motel is a small cottage like motel located minutes away from the lake, we are not a large, busy chain motel, we are small enough to make each connection with our guest personal, and accommodating. We are conveniently located off the QEW, which yes can be faintly heard from some rooms but nothing different from the level noise at hotel located by the airport or high traffic area; unfortunately a certain level of noise is a given for convenient locations. As you many also find, we are very reasonably priced for the location.

As for the comments on ownership, the motel has been under new ownership almost four years, and the property has been greatly improved. We have also earned recognition by the Hamilton Spectator for the improvements made on a very old/almost landmark property. Apart for the exterior building changes, we also aim above motel standards inside each room.
With new mattresses, towels, and furniture, room cleanliness is of high priority.

All customers are encouraged to check rooms to see if it meets their needs.

We have a zero tolerance for disruptive customers, however that being said, as with any motel, we can not, nor do we speculate what are customers reason for stay, unless they interfere or disrupt another customers, needless to say we have a few upset rowdy customer whom aren’t our biggest fans, but we hold firm to a respectful cliental.

If you would like to contact us and provide proof of your stay in March, I will offer you a nights stay at a 50% discount for a stay between Monday – Thursday, or 25% off Friday – Sunday. As I said we try to satisfy customers’ needs within reason, so please allow us to prove we care. I respect your comments and critiques, for this help us to grow the business and satisfy customer needs.

Travelers are raving about these Stoney Creek hotels

Ottawa
Reviewed February 22, 2010

Froze all night since the heater couldn't keep up. Also traffic from QEW ridiculously close and loud, but since the office closed completely with no way of contact at like 9:00 pm, there was no way to request another room or more blankets or another heater! Bed must've been 30 years old too, and washroom was very small. No WiFi...

Not pleased at all

#4 of 20 in Hamilton
Days Inn Hamilton
Days Inn Hamilton
#14 of 20 in Hamilton

Been to Lake Trail Motel? Share your experiences!