Munduk Moding Plantation
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Damai(Lovina Beach)
View Hotel
The Hamsa Bali Resort(Lovina Beach)
Lovinalife(Lovina Beach)
View Hotel
Lovina Beach Hotel(Lovina Beach)
View Hotel
Puri Bali Hotel(Lovina Beach)
View Hotel
All reviewsinfinity poolgarden suitegames roomtwo nightsprivate butlerlocal communitybamboo villaoutdoor showerone bedroom pool villarainy seasonour honeymoonhotel is situatedwelcome drinkwonderful staybalinese foodvisiting baliafternoon tea
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 14, 2014

The first thing that welcomes you at MMP is the cool and fresh mountain air. You can feel the serenity and instantly connect with the peaceful environment.

We took the 'Lovers Escape Package' and choose to stay at the newly built One Bedroom Pool Villa. A few impressive features of this villa include: an outdoor heated sunken Jacuzzi, an infinity pool with stunning views, your own fireplace at the living area, free minibar (replenished once daily) and a helpful personal butler (Putu).

Every staff member is attentive and genuinely keen to ensure your stay is comfortable and enjoyable. They will strive to accommodate your request. You will probably meet Mr Gede Suparwata, the bubbly executive assistant manager. He is a jolly guy who will chat with you whenever he sees you. Do watch out for his infectious laughter! :)

The food served at the The Mimpi Restaurant are delicious and inexpensive. It is located next to the main infinity pool. You get to enjoy the panoramic views of Bali sea and the central mountains while you dine.

MMP is most ideal if you are looking for a quiet place to eat, read, sleep and have a good massage, THE perfect place to relax and recharge.

Room Tip: There is only ONE unit of One Bedroom Pool Villa. It is located in a fully secluded spot surrounded by mature coffee trees, vanilla and other spices, with a beautiful view of the coast line and the rolling hills. Go for it!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 1stevenchua
gede S, Executive Assistant Manager at Munduk Moding Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2014

Dear 1stevenchua,

First of all, on behalf of the whole team, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for staying at our brand new one bedroom pool villa recently and taking the time to post a positive review on Trip Advisor.

Secondly, I am delighted to know that you can feel the serenity and instantly connect with the peaceful environment and MMP is a perfect place to relax and recharge.

Thirdly, I am glad to know that you found the food in our restaurant is delicious, the one bedroom pool villa is impressive,the massage is good,our staff is attentive and the personal butler (Putu) is helpful. I already shared your kind words to the butler and the team member to appreciate their hard work. I believe it will motivate them.

Finally I personally enjoyed having some chats with you and look forward to welcoming you back to our resort in the near future.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

My wife and I stayed at Munduk for 2 nights and 3 days in their private (infinity) pool villa. We found the staff to be friendly, and accommodating. It was a rustic experience - expect moths in your room, and dinner facilities only available in the main part of the hotel, however, it was a wonderful experience where we got to enjoy nature. Some highlights included very accommodating staff who spent half a day with us showing us the waterfalls and then a quiet boat ride at Lake Tamblingan - we really appreciated the time and care from the staff to ensure our stay was enjoyable - worth a visit! Affordable prices too compared to places in the south!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear djock,

Thank you for choosing Munduk Moding Plantation to spend your honeymoon and taking the time to share your experience.

I am pleased to know that you enjoyed visiting nearby waterfalls and canoeing in Lake Tamblingan. Moreover, I am glad to know that you found our staff is friendly and accommodating.

On the other hand, it was very unfortunate that you experience moths in your room.Please accept our sincerely apologies.Following your constructive feedback, we have discussed internally with our butler and all of housekeeping team and put in place a system to double check the cleanliness of all rooms prior to guest arrival. It is intended to avoid such incident from repeating itself.

On the dinner, actually room service is available on daily basis from 07.00 a.m. to 10.00 p.m. to allow you to have dinner in your private pool villa. I sincerely regret that it is not communicate to you during your stay at our resort.

I and all of the team member are very much hope to have an opportunity to welcoming you back to our resort in the near future to allow us to award you with a better service.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

A wonderful hotel in the middle of a beautiful plantation. A great place to stay to relax after a busy 4 days in and around Ubud.

The hotel itself is quite remote but that's the point of going there, the food was very good and if you are staying more than one night make sure you have the special chicken dish which needs to be ordered 24 hours in advance, it's well worth it.

Our room was beautiful, the bathroom was gorgeous and the bedroom lovely with a massive very comfortable bed.

The waterfall walk is a great experience.

The views from the pool area are breath-taking and the infinity pool itself is magical.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
gede S, Executive Assistant Manager at Munduk Moding Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

Dear PhilSpivey,

Thank you for writing kind words on Trip Advisor.

I am glad to have an opportunity to meet and chat with you personally on your short stay this month. I am delighted to know that you found our resort is a great place to relax, the food is very good, the room is beautiful, the bathroom is gorgeous and the bed is comfortable. What is more, I am happy to know that the waterfall is a great experience for you and the infinity pool is magical.

I and all of the team member are looking forward to welcoming you back to our resort in the near future.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

There have already been hundreds of 4 & 5 star reviews but I still feel I have more to add. I first stayed at the property in 2013 for 2 nights (I have a previous review for this property). We stayed this year (2014) for three nights with a group of 11 people. We developed a yoga retreat and took the group to this amazing resort. It was absolutely the favorite/highlight for everyone (of the 4 resorts we visited). It was a perfect place for a yoga retreat!

Other reviews (and the photos) will show you that the pool, grounds, and rooms are stellar. But possibly the best part of the resort is what you can't see in the photos--the staff. The staff are TOP notch. 5-star service all-the-way. They never use the word "no" and will do anything they can to help you have a great stay.

The food at the hotel is delicious and surprisingly quite reasonably priced--considering there are no other options around. Breakfasts are my favorite (choose off a menu with great options). Desserts are divine. Service, again, is impeccable.

The grounds are wonderful and overlook an incredible view. Definitely take the plantation tour (free). I HIGHLY recommend doing some of their optional activities (like the hike to the waterfall).

I wish the pool and hot-tub were a little warmer (but we were there during a chilly season) and I'm particularly sensitive to cold water.

This is one of my favorite places in the world and I highly suggest you stay here. You won't regret it!

Note:: My wife and I travel around the world (mostly South and Southeast Asia) year-round. We stay in 80-100 hotels per year. We also tour many more hotels for our guests & tours (about 300 per year). We generally seek out hotels that are highly rated on TripAdvisor and Agoda so my reviews are naturally skewed toward the high end. My reviews are generally based on overall value (how much you get for what you pay). We generally stay in low mid-range hotels but have stayed in everything from hostels to luxury 5-star accommodations. If I give a 4 or 5 star rating you can rest assured it’s a nice hotel. It goes without saying that I have received nothing for submitting this review.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear BJ G,

On behalf of the whole team, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for staying for the second time, developing a yoga retreat, taking the group to our resort and submitting positive review.

I am glad to know that you have been well taken care by our staff. It is a real pleasure for me particularly to have an opportunity to meet and chat with you. In addition, thank you for recommending our optional activities and suggesting all readers to stay at our resort.

I and all of the team member are looking forward to welcoming you back for the third time to our resort in the near future.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

This is a delightful resort in a beautiful, mountainous area of Bali. Our private villa (with outdoor shower) was spacious and handsomely appointed. The birdsong in the early morning was extraordinary. The restaurant is just fine. The guided hike through the property was delightful, and the half-day hike (with canoeing) was extremely enjoyable--much thanks to the personable guide. You're not likely to leave the Plantation in the evening but they schedule performances and other activities. We much enjoyed the dance performance by local teenagers. The stone steps that take you everywhere are a bit steep--could be an issue for those with problems walking

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear FDK-Seattle,

I, on behalf of the whole team, would like to take this opportunity to thank you for staying at our resort recently and writing a positive review on Trip Advisor.

In line with our commitment to empowering locals and preserving traditional Balinese dances, we invite the local kids from nearby villages to attend traditional Balinese dance classes at our resort. Afterward, we gave them an opportunity to perform in front of our guests on alternate basis. I am glad you enjoyed it very much.

Your comment on our villa, bird song, the restaurant and the hike is highly appreciated.