WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Fractured Prune

Fractured Prune
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Hot Hand Dipped Cake Donuts anyway you like em !!
Charlestown, Maryland
“Favorite of the wife and kids”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

My family plan trips around where the closest Fractured Prune is located. The melt in your mouth doughnuts are amazing, the choices mind boggling - you never look at doughnuts the same way again. When we recently stopped at the one in Rehoboth and as we were all eating our favorite choices the manager offered us another half dozen for free. What more can anyone ask for. Seriously the best doughnuts on the planet ...

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
“If it weren't for the colories I'd go here every day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

Simply the best donuts I've ever eaten. You custom order and they fry them in front of your eyes. Breakfast sandwiches are just so-so. Tables and chairs to eat in. Kid friendly. Fun way to start the day at the beach.

Visited August 2012
Pennsylvania
“First Visit - OMG these are good!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

We were heading down Route 1 looking for Dunkin Donuts (for a quick coffee and donut) and saw the Fractured Prune, a donut shop and decided to try it.

OMG describes it perfectly - the donuts are the cake-type, cooked when you order them so every one is fresh and hot. There are dozens and dozens of glazes, sprinkles, dips, that you can order to customize your donut.

We had blueberry hill (blueberry glaze and powdered sugar), Rehoboth Sand (honey glaze with cinnamon sugar), Banana Cream (banana glaze), S'mores (marshmellow and chocolate) and I forget what else ... every one was hot and delicious and different.

They also have breakfast sandwiches available, and the coffee options were just as diverse as the donuts with several varieties, iced coffee, flavored syrups, etc.

The staff was helpful, friendly and it starts my day off right when I can chat and joke around with the folks in the donut shop. I wish I didn't live 3 hours away because I would drive here just to get my fix if it were within an hour's drive.

Try it!! You'll never go back to the chain locations after tasting this slice of nirvana.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Nanny_on_the_scene
Delaware
“Waiting in line for a custom made donut!?!?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

I don't get it! The place is hectic, dirty and unorganized. There are two rooms, one to order in and another with tables to eat at and a counter to buy Purple Prune kitsch. They serve donuts that are made to order along with breakfast sandwiches. Here's an example of one of their offerings, "Hot donut of your choice topped with one scoop of vanilla ice cream. Served on a logo-ed Frisbee." Talk about artery clogging! There are much better options for breakfast and donuts, if you must, in the area.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
“Wait...was that French Toast...in a Donut?!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

I love the Fractured Prune and appreciate the history behind it. I always feel bad if I go in for just a breakfast sandwich, because I'm missing out on the whole reason they are there! Some of the options are too much for me, personally, early in the morning, but the French Toast has to be my favorite

Visited September 2012