“First Visit - OMG these are good!!”
Review of Fractured Prune

Fractured Prune
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Hot Hand Dipped Cake Donuts anyway you like em !!
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We were heading down Route 1 looking for Dunkin Donuts (for a quick coffee and donut) and saw the Fractured Prune, a donut shop and decided to try it.

OMG describes it perfectly - the donuts are the cake-type, cooked when you order them so every one is fresh and hot. There are dozens and dozens of glazes, sprinkles, dips, that you can order to customize your donut.

We had blueberry hill (blueberry glaze and powdered sugar), Rehoboth Sand (honey glaze with cinnamon sugar), Banana Cream (banana glaze), S'mores (marshmellow and chocolate) and I forget what else ... every one was hot and delicious and different.

They also have breakfast sandwiches available, and the coffee options were just as diverse as the donuts with several varieties, iced coffee, flavored syrups, etc.

The staff was helpful, friendly and it starts my day off right when I can chat and joke around with the folks in the donut shop. I wish I didn't live 3 hours away because I would drive here just to get my fix if it were within an hour's drive.

Try it!! You'll never go back to the chain locations after tasting this slice of nirvana.

1  Thank Nanny_on_the_scene

Reviewed October 13, 2012

I don't get it! The place is hectic, dirty and unorganized. There are two rooms, one to order in and another with tables to eat at and a counter to buy Purple Prune kitsch. They serve donuts that are made to order along with breakfast sandwiches. Here's an example of one of their offerings, "Hot donut of your choice topped with one scoop of vanilla ice cream. Served on a logo-ed Frisbee." Talk about artery clogging! There are much better options for breakfast and donuts, if you must, in the area.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

I love the Fractured Prune and appreciate the history behind it. I always feel bad if I go in for just a breakfast sandwich, because I'm missing out on the whole reason they are there! Some of the options are too much for me, personally, early in the morning, but the French Toast has to be my favorite

Reviewed September 6, 2012

We have been coming to Rehoboth since I was a kid and just found out about this place. Excellent donut to start with that is made to order right in front of you. Then it is fun to pick the combinations of the glaze and toppings. Loved the coffee cake and prunella especially. Will definitely be back!

2  Thank Hurlz
Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

If you are in rehoboth beach do not miss going to fractured prune!!! Owners are sweet friendly people. Donuts are fresh and unique! Don't get too worried about the long line these people hustle and it moves quickly.

4  Thank Rehobothfamily