“NEVER AGAIN”

Ranked #24 of 27 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Queens, New York
“NEVER AGAIN”
Reviewed May 31, 2010

The hotel staff was absolutely rude. I could not believe how the staff spoke to the guests. Talk about hospitality. I did not expect what I received and I paid too much for what I received, which was rude and horrible service. If you have kids, please think twice about staying there. They do not take well to children. I will make sure my organization (normally group of 30+) never stay there again.

• Stayed May 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
va
Reviewed January 14, 2010

I spent a week here and it was cheap ($60 a night) but I would not do so again. I was kicked out by a rude janitor and pressured to leave throughout the week. Paid on time and did not cause any issues there, so I'm not sure what the problem is. Never again.

Stayed January 2010
mid atlantic
Reviewed December 7, 2009

We were just looking for a place to sleep after hitting the various outlets in Rehoboth on Black Friday. Usually stay at a different Choice Hotel, but they didn't have the room I wanted. Ended up in a "suite" at Econo Lodge Resort. Don't know what's more laughable - referring to this place as a Resort, or calling our room a "suite".. The tiny sitting room was about the size of my bathroom at home. Had a tiny love seat that converted into a bed. When my teenage grandson opened the bed it had dirty linens on it. We took them off and covered the bed with a blanket from the car. When my grandson laid down he literally sank to the floor. You could feel every spring and he ended up sleeping sitting up on the closed sofa, with his feet on the coffee table. The two beds in the bedroom were no better. The mattresses were ancient and the bedspreads were smelly. There were flies everywhere - the last guest had managed to kill a few and they were smeared on the door frame of the tiny bathroom. The bathroom floor was dirty, there was something black smeared on the ceiling here. The free breakfast was a joke. a couple english muffins already split and spread out to make it look like more, 1 individual size (about 1 TBS) of cream cheese and a couple dried up doughnuts. Very unappealing room -nothing warm or friendly about it. A big extension cord was spread across the sidewalk between breakfast room/office and our room and I managed to trip over it when I went over to office to get extra pillows While there I saw a crudely made sign on front desk saying for $20 more you could have extended check out until 2 p.m. My question was, who in their right mind would want an extended stay here? So disappointed that Choice Hotel chain would allow this dump to be part of their operation.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank bluehenfan077

Travelers are raving about these Rehoboth Beach hotels

maryland
Reviewed August 11, 2009

I have never had bed bugs until now. They must have been from this hotel. We only stayed one night, and I didn't notice them until 2 days later, so did not make the connection immediately, but have since found that it is common for the bites to get worse up to a week from the incident and can last, if one is sensitive to them, up to a month. I left a message with the manager but have not heard back.

Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank tootsiemd
Washington DC
Reviewed August 7, 2009

My husband and I wanted a last little vacation before heading back to work. We chose the Econolodge because of the price ($119.00). We planned to stay for three nights at about $350.00. Instead of the $500.00-$1,000.00+ at other area hotels for three nights. I also thought it was more trustworthy because it is a chain. Was I WRONG!!!! The hotel is very old looking, average, needs updated. It seemed clean, but just old. After the first night, my husband noticed a bug bite but we just chalked it up to a mosquitoe bite. We always check the rooms we stay in for bed bugs. We've seen a Dateline explaining that bed bugs leave behind evidence that is suppose to look like pepper. We didn''t see anything. After the second night my husband woke up with about 40 bites all over his back, legs, and arms!!! We searched for the bed bugs. We flipped the mattress and found tons of little black clumps and red spots in the crevices of the mattress. These are the droppings of the bed bugs!!! It doesn't really look like pepper to me. We were horrified!!! Since then my husband has about 60 bites total. They just keep popping up!. And, I don't feel lucky yet because I heard that they can pop up, up to a week later! My biggest fear is that we brought them home with us! I have spent the last 24 hours washing clothes and pillow cases twice in HOT water and bleach. And I still have a few more days of washing clothes and luggage!!!! I can't trust that our clothes in our luggage are safe. If Motels know that bed bugs are back, why don't they change their cleaning policies???!!!?!?! Please don't stay in this motel!!! The management did not even say they were sorry!!!!! They gave us back our money for the entire stay. I am happy that they returned our money, but what about all the time and energy this trip has caused me and my husband! Not to mention how it RUINED our last days of summer!! One staff woman told us that it had been their first case ever. I don't believe this because a male staff told us that this is the time in the season when it happens!!! I understand that once you have bed bugs that they are very difficult to get rid of because they only eat blood. So, I really hope they did not come home with us!!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank travelinteach77
york
Reviewed July 23, 2009

stayed 3 days,room was never made up, spoke with the front desk and they kept saying that the house keeping staff had gone home,(at 1:00pm??) , never cleaned and garbage never emptied, out door toilets backed up and no toilet paper. Had to speak to the front desk concerning burnt out lights the first day, turned in a comment card which i'm sure did not make it to the owners or management, still waiting for an appology from management. Even i could do a better job by myself !!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Harrisburg
Reviewed July 20, 2009

Front desk staff was extremely unfriendly and rude during check in. Room was damp and musty. In the suite, one of the lamps were broken. I requested it to be fixed or replaced and it never was take care of. The toliet was not fixated to the floor and moved around quite a bit! Housekeeping did not take room trash, replace toliet paper or replace coffee and coffee cups in room. Also, all the doors to get inside the "indoor" section of the hotel were broken and anyone could just walk in. I had stayed here 2 years ago, and it wasn't nearly this bad!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends