New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #25 of 28 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Montreal, Canada
“NOT WORTH THE MONEY”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

When we reserved this hotel we had asked for a on smoking room. On arrival they told us it was a smoking room. This was unacceptable as we were travelling with 2 small children. They moved us to what they referred to as a suite , had a pull out sofa extra.... They told us they could not give us a regular non smoking room as they would have non left ???? We had to pay an upcharge of 21$ which is not a lot but we should not have had to pay anything. Then the room smelled musty and old. The beds and pillows extremely uncomfortable. I would not recommend this hotel at all. Pay and a bit more and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank poohrose

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Falling Waters, West Virginia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

My wife and I recently stayed two nights at this hotel. Over the many years we make it a point to stay at the Econo Lodge Resort because we find it a great fit for us. The staff are great, rooms are clean, breakfast is fine with us, wonderful swimming pool, and very close to everything in Rehoboth Beach, DE and nearby resort areas.

The is hotel should be given at least a rating of three plus. They do a lot make our stay very comfortable. We will stay at this hotel every chance we get when we are in the area.

Room Tip: People need to understand that this is not a new hotel. Always needs a fit up here and there. But...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Don B
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I'm REALLY confused as to why this hotel would have the word "Resort" in it's name.

Let's start with this - it's an EconoLodge - on Coastal Highway - and was priced under $200/night for a holiday weekend. I only point this out because I DO realize that you get what you pay for - and we were not expecting resort, or even modern hotel features. We knew we were getting the basics and that's all we needed.

I was prepared to accept the fact that the hotel was older, would have older furnishings, not the best internet access, and exterior entrances.

What I was NOT prepared to accept was the complete lack of cleanliness - the sheets and mattresses were stained - there was significant mold and mildew growing in the shower and on the bathroom walls - and the carpet was just gross and sticky. Regardless of the age of the hotel - cleanliness items just don't cut it!

On the plus side - the pool was large, well maintained - and very clean! However - due to the price point - this hotel is attractive to lots of families/kids - so it's not a "relaxing" pool environment.

The hotel staff was thoroughly indifferent to anything other than collecting payment and processing a check-in transaction.

At the end of it - I'm really surprised that even a company with low standards like Choice Hotels would allow this hotel to remain in the brand.

Room Tip: Rooms along the back of the building are shielded from the noise of the pool and Coastal Highway.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars
5 Thank OnTheRoadAgain091976

Travelers are raving about these Rehoboth Beach hotels

Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

If you want a quick getaway to the beach and are looking for economy then this hotel is the place. The hotel is located on busy Coastal Highway. It is near all the major shopping, including the Tanger outlets. It's not far from the beach as well. That being said, the hotel REALLY needs a face lift. It is clean and the beds are comfortable so we had a good night's sleep (which is the major reason to stay here) but everything including the TV needs an upgrade. It looks a little shabby (and I don't mean shabby chic). Breakfast (continental) is part of the deal as well but I couldn't figure out if the coffee was brewed or instant. Sorry, just my rant. There is a swimming pool which looked clean, but we were unable to swim because of our limited time there. The staff is friendly enough so for the price; it is worth it, but a few upgrades would make a world of difference.

Room Tip: We stayed in the non-smoking section in an end room which was quiet (not near the elevator or close...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Econo Lodge was fine, I believe I got it on priceline for $39, so, I wasn't expecting too much. I only stayed for 1 night and was out early for work. The rooms and ammenities badly need an update. The staff seemed disinterested and unhappy. Breakfast had a decent spread. Would steer away from this one in the future...but, if necessary would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Maluakua
Montoursville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

I went down to Rehoboth beach for about a week with my girlfriend. The visit started out great, although I arrived at like 5am they hadnt given my room away or anything. The guy at the front desk was very nice and helpful. The bed was a king and it was real comfortable. The room had it's own A/C controls which is always a big thing for me because not every hotel has it set up that way. I like it cold. There was always plenty of parking around, it was never a far walk into the hotel. At the same time the location was great, it was like 5-10 minutes from the beach. It also shares a parking lot with a Cracker Barrel which was nice and it allowed for even more parking. The whole place was pretty clean overall, and it was a great experience overall.

On the downside, the TV was really out of date. It was like a huge tube TV from the late 90s. The remote was some aftermarket piece of junk and not all the channels worked or sometimes they randomly cut out. One of the lights in the room over the 2nd sink didn't work unless you waited like 30 minutes or flicked the switch several times. They had several vending machines but they were almost all out of water or they wouldnt accept my dollar bills or even my quarters and I had to explore several floors before finding a vending machine with a credit card slot.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Vinnie D
Washington, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I decided to get the King Suite room, two bathrooms, jacuzzi bath in one and it is clean and you are not paying for a bunch of extras. It is very close to all three outlets.

Good for families with children, I will stay here again.

Room Tip: If you have children the suites are the best value.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Comfort Inn Rehoboth Beach
#9 of 28 in Rehoboth Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 297 reviews
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rehoboth Beach
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rehobot...
#15 of 28 in Rehoboth Beach
3.5 of 5 stars 336 reviews
Sleep Inn & Suites Rehoboth Beach Area
Holiday Inn Express Rehoboth Beach
Holiday Inn Express Rehoboth Bea...
#14 of 28 in Rehoboth Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 255 reviews
Hampton Inn Rehoboth Beach
Hampton Inn Rehoboth Beach
#7 of 28 in Rehoboth Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 526 reviews

Been to Econo Lodge Resort? Share your experiences!