“Not the best place ever, but great staff, great value&location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #25 of 28 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Montoursville, Pennsylvania
“Not the best place ever, but great staff, great value&location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

I went down to Rehoboth beach for about a week with my girlfriend. The visit started out great, although I arrived at like 5am they hadnt given my room away or anything. The guy at the front desk was very nice and helpful. The bed was a king and it was real comfortable. The room had it's own A/C controls which is always a big thing for me because not every hotel has it set up that way. I like it cold. There was always plenty of parking around, it was never a far walk into the hotel. At the same time the location was great, it was like 5-10 minutes from the beach. It also shares a parking lot with a Cracker Barrel which was nice and it allowed for even more parking. The whole place was pretty clean overall, and it was a great experience overall.

On the downside, the TV was really out of date. It was like a huge tube TV from the late 90s. The remote was some aftermarket piece of junk and not all the channels worked or sometimes they randomly cut out. One of the lights in the room over the 2nd sink didn't work unless you waited like 30 minutes or flicked the switch several times. They had several vending machines but they were almost all out of water or they wouldnt accept my dollar bills or even my quarters and I had to explore several floors before finding a vending machine with a credit card slot.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Vinnie D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Washington, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I decided to get the King Suite room, two bathrooms, jacuzzi bath in one and it is clean and you are not paying for a bunch of extras. It is very close to all three outlets.

Good for families with children, I will stay here again.

Room Tip: If you have children the suites are the best value.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel through priceline's name your own price function...ended up getting this dump because it was the cheapest. I wish I had read reviews before I had. The room we got was run down, and despite getting a non smoking room, everything reaked of smoke...even the hair dryer filter when I turned it on to use it. The handle to flush the toilet kept falling off....and I swear the toilet paper was actually sand paper. Girl came to service room at 9 am. ..we went event dressed yet. She reluctantly forked over a few fresh towles and a tip envelope. Are you kidding me? The continental breakfast was a joke so we ended up going to the store to get food. When we opened upb the refrigerator to put it in, it smelled musty. Room was also missing a clock, so we never knew what time it was. I paid 47 a night and feel like that was too much... not the great deal I thought it was going to be. I can't imagine people paying 3 times that during peak season. Skip this one if you can....it's not worth the savings.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Nicole W

Travelers are raving about these Rehoboth Beach hotels

Harrisburg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

We travelled to Rehoboth Beach for a friend's birthday party recently. This hotel was in close proximity to everywhere we wanted to go and had a good rate of $49 a night for king size room.
(We did stay in January so it was off-season for a beach resort area!)

The place was clean and the staff friendly. There was nothing fancy about it. The furnishings and décor were old, but not damaged or in disrepair. The free breakfast was the typical fare: bagels, little store bought muffins & donuts, coffee, etc. There is a Cracker Barrel restaurant in the front lot within easy walking for those who preferred and didn't want to drive.

We had no problems or issues. The place is probably packed with families in the summer during beach season and if you're looking for simple, basic, & cheap to sleep while spending all day at the beach this place probably fits the bill!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Peach Bottom, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

My husband Bob and I had a late Honeymoon weekenat at the beach around labor day this year
the only problem was we hit senior week and the lodge was packed with students. Our view was of the side parking lot, the pool was relaxing,plenty of towels. The only problem was at night ,loud young people in the halls, but they did quit at 11.00 clock pmWe enjoyed the breakfast and coffee all day.It is a bargain for a short time. We had been there before and had a view of the pool and it was
. Also a good family place, cracker barrel is right next door.We spent a lot of time at Lewes on the beach, watching the Lewes Ferry making its trip across the bay. Would stay there again

Room Tip: Try not to go on senior week for college students and their party time
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Susan t
Laurel
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

This is the first time I have stayed in this hotel and I would not recommend it to anyone. While the staff was very friendly and helpful the suit had a bad odor, the bathroom smelled so bad the door had to remain shut not to mention the carpet needs a good scrubbing. The breakfast was very disappointing unless you only want bagels and cereal. The picture and description on the web is deceiving. One night was enough for me I will not go back there I was very disappointed and will not go back to this hotel again!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Denise S
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Came into hotel grounds, and noticed many housekeepers on different levels on the hotel.

Then came into the lobby whereby was not greated at all by front desk, I asked for an early check-in noting that the check-out time was 11am, knowing in my experience how long it takes for housekeeping to flip a room over (20-30 minutes), Erica NASTY person, tells me, "there are no rooms available...we have 125 rooms that need to be cleaned...but I can put you in a suite for an extra charge...". Then another lie on top of all of that, she tells me, "the housekeeper JUST got here, and she's gone..."!

Clearly knowing this woman was a complete LIAR, I didn't let this go, calling her out, whereby she kept blowing me off, and even fessed up to the fast "yes I am blowing you off...YOU CAN LEAVE, and call me back between 1-2pm". Not appreciating the nastiness of her lies and her pointing to the door, and after 5 minutes or so of this BS, I told her I'm going to go look myself, whereby Erica replies "if you do, I'm going to call the cops.., then radios the housekeepers the same (wow I thought the housekeepers were gone per her). I walk down both sides of the 1st floor and notice 4-5 rooms cleaned and ready to go on same side to the lobby and then the other street side many rooms also available.

I come back and at this time another guest was standing at front desk, I ask Erica, WHY she was lying to me, as I had suspected all along! She tells me how she's going to call the cops again; I walk outside to call ChoiceHotels to change me to another hotel, come back in and I ask her once again to either check me in or I'm leaving, she comes back with her threats again to call the cops (OVER WHAT to check in early?), and she calls me "CRAZy..crazy we have no rooms available..", I completely lost it once she got personal with me, and threw business cards at her, whereby she came around the desk and put her hands on me, whereby I had to defend myself!

WIthin a minute the "acting manager" comes in and asks me "what are you trying to check in"...

What type of staff assaults guests because they want an early check-in and another question WHY is Erica even still working at this hotel? She clearly likes like the director in charge of everything! Worthless, nasty, mentally challenged herself clearly; once you get personal with someone cards are off the table!

STAY AWAY seriously from this dumpy looking place staff are rude and nasty CLEARLY!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo