“Great Stay Great Location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Resort

Econo Lodge Resort
Ranked #25 of 28 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
“Great Stay Great Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I booked this hotel on priceline and was nervous after reading the reviews on here.....I can't believe these reviews are about the hotel I stayed in, they must be about a different Econo Lodge in the area because are room was super clean (stayed in room 306). The staff were friendly and helpful (exchanged my 10 bill for a roll of quarters so I could have change for the meter). The pool was really nice and clean, the continental breakfast was one of the best I've ever seen (muffins, doughnuts, bagels, 2 types of cereal, juice, ect) and if you don't like the breakfast they have you can walk to the parking lot to the Cracker Barrel located right in front of the hotel (they share a parking lot...yeah, that close). Best of all it was only a 10/15 min drive to the beach/main boardwalk....right near the outlets and it was fairly cheap to stay there compared to the surrounding hotels! Econo Lodges are budget hotels...not meant to be a Luxury hotel, these people must have been expecting a fancy hotel...sad to see such a nice hotel have such bad reviews. I will def stay here again! - Stayed here on a family vacay with my 4yr old.

Room Tip: stayed on the 3rd floor pool side
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Heather J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Manchester
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Check in was brusk at best. Nothing to brag about. I was asked if I wanted firsty or second floor. Took first floor. That was a mistake. Got a room right in front of the pool. Foot traffic was heavy creating a real lack of privacy. The room was clean but frankly needs some help. There is a table frankly that isn't big enough to accomondate my laptop and a file. Wok in the room is difficult. Coffee pot is on the vanity but you need to move ti to get to a plug. Vanity had stains on it. Wake up calls just did not happen. This could be a nice place. Room had cracks in the wall, plugs with broken covers. Bring kids, take a look first. Plenty of shopping nearby. Close to beaches. Ester park up the road and golf near by. Not alot going for this place. Tried it once not sure if I;ll go back.

Room Tip: Try and stay away from the first floor or the other floors that border the pool. Ask for one with a...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Gerald D

Travelers are raving about these Rehoboth Beach hotels

Reading, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

If you are not with a baseball team traveling on a weekend this place is not for you. We stayed here with our baseball team, and it is a complete dump. It is robbery what they charge for a room, and what they give in return. Hotel is very dirty, and the front desk staff who has absolutely no concern of your needs. We spent two nights without seeing a housekeeper on our floor. My wife called and asked for towels and they said to come to the front desk to get them. When she went down to the desk they said they were out of towels!!! Are you kidding me!! I will not return and I suggest you do the same.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Matt M
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We booked this hotel on Orbitz after we it proved too windy to camp as we had planned at Cape Henlopen state park. We requested a nonsmoking room on Orbitz. Upon arrival, they offered us only a smoking room, which smelled like someone chain smoked 10 packs a day for the last decade. It was nasty. We had a small child with us and I am pregnant; despite these facts and despite the fact that the hotel was not full, they refused to change us to a nonsmoking room. They said that they would give us the NS room if we paid for that room ($200/night) on top of the $140 we already paid on Orbitz. Orbitz called them 2X to intercede on our behalf. But nothing worked. HIghly recommend against this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Leah M
PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We needed a hotel for an overnight stay, while we visited friends in the area. We used our choice hotel points, because this was 8000 less points than the other choice hotels in the area. As other reviews have said, you get what you pay for. The only way I would stay at this hotel again, is if it was the lowest price in town and I could not afford anything else. For a chain hotel, it is quite dingy. It looks like a place for partiers and those who don't care about trashing a room. We only had one outlet (2 plugs) for the coffee maker, fridge, TV and microwave. We had to keep two of these unplugged. Also, there was not alarm clock in the room. The front office staff was nice, the breakfast area was clean, if a bit small for the number of rooms this place has. Unless you do not have the economic means to go to a higher priced hotel, then avoid this place.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank vinijohn
Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Right on the strip, right between the outlet malls. Approx. 3 miles from the beaches. Shares a parking lot with Cracker Barrel with other eateries close by (can actually walk, with care, across the highway)! Stayed on the 4th floor in a King nonsmoking room with spa tub. Did not experience noisy neighbors. Only first floor has ice machine. there is also laundry facility. Room itself was nothing fancy, there was a balcony with no real view and a refrigerator. Too cold to swim in pool. Did not eat the breakfast. Went Memorial Day weekend to Rehoboth Beach at last minute, otherwise for the price would have stayed elsewhere.

Room Tip: Try to get the 4 story bldg, back side which is away from traffic and pool.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I can't recommend this hotel for even a night. It isn't worth the 60 bucks I paid. If I stayed in the summer, I would be afraid to swim in the pool based up on their upkeep and cleanliness of the room. I am warning you, I have never stayed at a hotel that had matresses that I bet were over 10 years old. Towels worn thin - you could hear water coming down from the bathrooms in the pipes in the wall.

Room Tip: Get a Room at the Hampton down the street.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple