“Worste staff in the world.”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Econo Lodge Resort

Econo Lodge Resort
Ranked #24 of 27 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
“Worste staff in the world.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

When checking in to the lodge the receptionist addressed me with "yes". The service us terrible here. When I called to find out what time breakfast is available the front desk answered the phone with " what". The staff here are rude and embarrassing !

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Travelbuggss

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

I was invited to stay in a suite-style room here by some friends. It was apparently the only vacancy they could find for 6 people on a prime-time August weekend. It was pretty bad. There were weird stains on the walls and carpet, a giant black widow spider web on the stairwell outside of our room, and the "wood" furniture was peeled off in several places. Having a fridge and microwave in our room were perks, but I just felt gross being in the room and sleeping there. The staff was friendly enough - they just need a major renovation at this place. As it is now, I would never stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Rehoboth Beach hotels

Atlantic City, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

I only stayed here one night on a business trip and it was awful from the man at the check-in desk who greeted me with "Yeah?" to the woman who checked me out with "And that is your receipt. Thank you so much." They never smiled or asked how my stay was--in retrospect they probably are afraid to ask because they know the guest is not going to be happy. Moving on to the room: It was filthy! The blankets were dirty and SMELLY, I found hair in the ice bucket and sheets, EVERYTHING that was metal had rust on it-including the metal tissue holder, the center of piece of the faucet was missing and was filled with crud, slime, and mildew, the shower ran alternately lukewarm and cold, there were patches of wall paper missing in the bathroom, the linoleum floor in the bathroom had holes, the walls were so thin that when the person next door to me turned his or her shower on at 5:00 am it woke me up, and to top it all off there were screaming teenage girls outside my room until 3:00 a.m. I have NEVER had an experience like this at a hotel. I stayed at a Days Inn several times last year for less money than I paid for this s-h-i-tut hole and it was beautiful, clean, and had great customer service. I will NEVER stay at ANY Econolodge or any from it's parent company Choice Hotels ever again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Exton, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

The good things are the continental breakfast, a VERY decent pool size, most of the guests are very friendly as well, and pretty kind staff. My family has been staying here for about 10 years now but the quality has been declining ever since. Next time we go we are either getting a suite or nothing at all. The regular rooms are in poor condition but the suites we have been in are decent. I recommend not staying here unless you book a suite room. The regular rooms have dust sitting on the TV, microwaves, etc. The non-smoking rooms smell like cigarettes anyways. There are flies in the rooms from time to time. The walls are VERY thin and there is noise practically all night. When I went to take a shower I noticed there was hair sitting in the bottom of the stall. THIS is what the maids want TIPS for? This place really needs some remodeling...

Room Tip: The regular rooms can be claustrophobic and dusty. I recommend booking a suite if you do stay here...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Danielle R
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

We had planned for our summer vacation in Rehoboth Beach but decided to go one day early. We booked a room at the Econo Lodge for one night before our reservation at another hotel for the remainder of the week. Upon arrival, we went to the lobby to check in. The lobby was dirty and on the wall was a large metal box marked 'heating and cooling' with toggle switches for each room. I can only assume that they can control the air for each room from this. Continue reading to find out why. After checking in, we went to our room on the back side of the hotel on the 2nd floor. I opened the door and wouldn't even take my suitcase inside that room! It felt like it was 95 degrees in that room even though the air conditioner was set to cool and on high. The walls had strange brown/red stains on them. The furniture had burn marks (presumably cigarette burns) covering it, the shower had a grungy rubber mat in the bottom that looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a year. To top it all off, when I pulled back the bedspread on each of the beds, both had blood stains on them. Not spots of blood, I'm talking about large, large, blood stains. This place screamed of bedbugs. I called the front desk and they offered me a different room. I declined and luckily the hotel for the rest of our stay had a spare room that they rented to us. After leaving that room I just felt like I needed a shower! It was horrifying. I felt like I was on some hidden camera show or Gordon Ramsey's hotel hell show. The staff continually apologized and refunded us our money for the room. I've stayed in some less-than-expensive places before but this place made me want to just sleep in my car. I took pictures and will post them as soon as I can.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LezJeep
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

I booked after looking for weeks for reasonable hotel rates for a brief beach vacation. The hotel was centrally located and that's where the good review ends. It was my first time in Rehoboth beach and I was preoccupied with the nasty motel I'd booked. I will admit, I am not a motel kind of girl, where I lay my head matters to me!

Where do I start...the room smelled of mildew and mold, water temperature on full hot was luke warm, splatter stains on the walls, soiled "clean" towels, cheap mattress, dirty carpet, etc...NEVER AGAIN!

Room Tip: Do yourself a favor, do not choose this motel for your stay!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank RWilliams28970
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

The week my wife and I and our 3 daughters stayed at the Econo Lodge. Stayed 3 nights in a room that featured 2 double beds, a living room with pull out couch, 2 televisions and 2 sinks. The room was clean and the staff was very polite. The doors are no sound barrier but, I did not hear any noise during the night. Clean rooms, and the only had a problem with the bathtub clogging. Within 5 minutes of calling the front desk maintenance was at my door to repair the problem. Only a short distance to the beach which is no problem. Many things to do and places to eat around this Econo Lodge. With my AAA discount this "suite" was only $98 a night during peak season! At this price I would rather spend my money on the outlets, food, etc. We are only in the room to sleep at night. Guess from the other reviews you can't please everyone. I am somewhat particular, and this motel was fine for my family!

Room Tip: Short distance by car to Rehoboth Beach. When parking near the beach, bring plenty of quarters to...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family