“have reasonable expectations about this motel and you'll be fine”
Review of Econo Lodge Resort

Econo Lodge Resort
Ranked #24 of 27 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Plainview, New York
“have reasonable expectations about this motel and you'll be fine”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I'm not sure why people are surprised that this wasn't like a 4 star hotel. It's an Econolodge, you will not be greeted in the lobby with champagne in a golden goblet. It's a motel that is considerably cheaper than other places in the area. My room (301) was very clean, outdated, but clean. The elevator is kind of sketchy though (dreary and smelly), so we just used the stairs during our trip. I found the hotel to be relatively quiet, and what little interaction I had with the staff was pleasant. They even let us check in about 4 hours earlier without question (4pm is a late check in time). If you're not OK with staying in a hotel that hasn't been upgraded in 25 years, but is still pretty clean, then this isn't the place for you. For the price and location (a few minutes away from town), I would definitely stay here again if I can't afford a place closer to town during my next visit.

Room Tip: Each bed has only 2 pillows each. I'd bring my own next time, and maybe a comfy blanket too.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Megan D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Massapequa, NY
Reviewed July 9, 2012

It totally needs an update. Our room was disgusting. It was in front of the pool. Stains, broken furniture . . . my kids (14 & 12) almost cried when they saw the rooms. I told them this shouldd make them appreciate the places we normally take them to. We only stayed here cause this is where our baseball team stayed. Spend the extra money and get a suite. Those are apparently updated. Pool was nice. We made the best of it but personnally I would chose this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Rehoboth Beach hotels

Riverdale, Maryland
Reviewed July 8, 2012

My husband and I stay there for a weekend to celebrate his birthday and we enjoyed it. The hotel was cleaned and the service was great. Econo lodge is not always nice but this particular one was cleaned and very nice. We will stay there again as we had fun!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MelindaLiz
Marietta
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We booked our room back in March for our yearly baseball tournament at the "Sports at the Beach" complex. One of our parents found the hotel and got a block of rooms reserved for our team. Last year we stayed in Delmar and it was about a 45 minute drive to the baseball complex, so we wanted something closer this year. This was perfect - only about 15-20 minutes to the complex from the econo lodge and a good rate. As our tournament got closer I decided to read the reviews on our hotel. After reading ALL the negative reviews and only a few positive reviews I got really nervous about what our stay would be like. I went with a positive attitude. We arrived early(our first game was 1pm, check in wasn't until 4pm) so I decided to check to see if we could check in early. The front desk staff said we were not able to yet, since people were still checking out. I requested a room overlooking the pool and on the second floor. The staff was very pleasant. We got back after our game to check in and the staff once again was were pleasant and helpful. I got my room on the second floor overlooking the pool. We got to the room and the key card worked fine(others reviews said they had problems). The room was nice, nothing fancy. 2 double beds, table 2 chairs tv, plenty of lights. Bathroom yes was small, but it serves the purpose......shower and the toilet. The sink was outside the bathroom, which I like then I can get ready when someone else showers. We had a small fridge also. They had a hairdryer which worked fine. The room is older style, some chipped paint, no smell and was a no smoking room. The air conditioning worked well(i kept it cold), the fridge keep everything cold and there was always plenty of hot water. There was plenty of drawer space and plenty of hangers. The mattress were covered completely in plastic to keep out bed bugs. Sheets were clean and didn't smell. Our maid cleaned our room well. The pool is large and very nice. The pool was cleaned every morning. The free continental breakfast is exactly what it should be...CONTINENTAL.......jucies, coffee, toast, bagels, donuts and cereal. If you want hot breakfast, The Cracker Barrel is the same parking lot as the econo lodge. You get what you pay for. Overall we had a great time.
This is a 3-4 star hotel.

Room Tip: request a room on the 2nd or 3rd floor pool side). You have a great view of the pool.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank mrslevidan68
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed June 16, 2012

For the price, I wasn't expecting too much, but I was satisfied with my stay. My boyfriend and I booked the room for a Saturday night after outlet shopping all day. We stayed the first weekend in December, but did drive to the beach just to look at the water and the drive was very short (about 5 minutes or so). It's in a very convenient location - near tons of restaurants (shares the parking lot with Cracker Barrel), convenience/drug stores, a Kmart, outlets, etc.

We booked a non-smoking room with 2 double beds (cheapest non-smoking room) using hotels.com and that's exactly what we got. Check-in was quick and easy. Beds were comfortable, room had a small refrigerator which came in handy for holding drinks/snacks, bathroom was clean (sink was separate from bathroom which was a little odd, but not an inconvenience, and sheets/towels were clean. No major problems with the room. It was a little outdated but I expected that. It was clean, and that was all that mattered. Walls were somewhat thin, but luckily it was December so the hotel wasn't full and therefore not too loud.

Continental breakfast was nice... More than I expected honestly. I'd recommend this hotel to someone staying for a few nights, but probably not more than a week. We're thinking about taking a weekend trip this summer.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank j4j16
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Took my family for a 3 night 4 days, on Memorial weekend 2012 when I got to my room it was 2 flies going around in the room, it smelled nasty like very humid and even smelled like cigarate smoke, the bathroom very small and the sink was out of the bathroom not convinient at all. ceiling paint was pealing off and the air condition was smelling nasty. I end it up NOT staying in the room and went to Holiday Inn for way less price and veryyyyyyyy nice rooms. So happy that I left that nasty place. Now is up u if u want to stay.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Yph29
Centreville, Maryland, United States
Reviewed May 16, 2012

The price and the friendly staff was the best thing about the hotel. I was disappointed in the smoky smell (nonsmoking room), the noise all through both nights, the VERY thin walls, and the overall cleanliness of the entire building. We will not be returning again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family