“Would not stay here”
Review of Econo Lodge Resort

Econo Lodge Resort
Ranked #24 of 27 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Reviewed July 9, 2012

It totally needs an update. Our room was disgusting. It was in front of the pool. Stains, broken furniture . . . my kids (14 & 12) almost cried when they saw the rooms. I told them this shouldd make them appreciate the places we normally take them to. We only stayed here cause this is where our baseball team stayed. Spend the extra money and get a suite. Those are apparently updated. Pool was nice. We made the best of it but personnally I would chose this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 8, 2012

My husband and I stay there for a weekend to celebrate his birthday and we enjoyed it. The hotel was cleaned and the service was great. Econo lodge is not always nice but this particular one was cleaned and very nice. We will stay there again as we had fun!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MelindaLiz
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We booked our room back in March for our yearly baseball tournament at the "Sports at the Beach" complex. One of our parents found the hotel and got a block of rooms reserved for our team. Last year we stayed in Delmar and it was about a 45 minute drive to the baseball complex, so we wanted something closer this year. This was perfect - only about 15-20 minutes to the complex from the econo lodge and a good rate. As our tournament got closer I decided to read the reviews on our hotel. After reading ALL the negative reviews and only a few positive reviews I got really nervous about what our stay would be like. I went with a positive attitude. We arrived early(our first game was 1pm, check in wasn't until 4pm) so I decided to check to see if we could check in early. The front desk staff said we were not able to yet, since people were still checking out. I requested a room overlooking the pool and on the second floor. The staff was very pleasant. We got back after our game to check in and the staff once again was were pleasant and helpful. I got my room on the second floor overlooking the pool. We got to the room and the key card worked fine(others reviews said they had problems). The room was nice, nothing fancy. 2 double beds, table 2 chairs tv, plenty of lights. Bathroom yes was small, but it serves the purpose......shower and the toilet. The sink was outside the bathroom, which I like then I can get ready when someone else showers. We had a small fridge also. They had a hairdryer which worked fine. The room is older style, some chipped paint, no smell and was a no smoking room. The air conditioning worked well(i kept it cold), the fridge keep everything cold and there was always plenty of hot water. There was plenty of drawer space and plenty of hangers. The mattress were covered completely in plastic to keep out bed bugs. Sheets were clean and didn't smell. Our maid cleaned our room well. The pool is large and very nice. The pool was cleaned every morning. The free continental breakfast is exactly what it should be...CONTINENTAL.......jucies, coffee, toast, bagels, donuts and cereal. If you want hot breakfast, The Cracker Barrel is the same parking lot as the econo lodge. You get what you pay for. Overall we had a great time.
This is a 3-4 star hotel.

Room Tip: request a room on the 2nd or 3rd floor pool side). You have a great view of the pool.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mrslevidan68
Reviewed June 16, 2012

For the price, I wasn't expecting too much, but I was satisfied with my stay. My boyfriend and I booked the room for a Saturday night after outlet shopping all day. We stayed the first weekend in December, but did drive to the beach just to look at the water and the drive was very short (about 5 minutes or so). It's in a very convenient location - near tons of restaurants (shares the parking lot with Cracker Barrel), convenience/drug stores, a Kmart, outlets, etc.

We booked a non-smoking room with 2 double beds (cheapest non-smoking room) using hotels.com and that's exactly what we got. Check-in was quick and easy. Beds were comfortable, room had a small refrigerator which came in handy for holding drinks/snacks, bathroom was clean (sink was separate from bathroom which was a little odd, but not an inconvenience, and sheets/towels were clean. No major problems with the room. It was a little outdated but I expected that. It was clean, and that was all that mattered. Walls were somewhat thin, but luckily it was December so the hotel wasn't full and therefore not too loud.

Continental breakfast was nice... More than I expected honestly. I'd recommend this hotel to someone staying for a few nights, but probably not more than a week. We're thinking about taking a weekend trip this summer.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank j4j16
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Took my family for a 3 night 4 days, on Memorial weekend 2012 when I got to my room it was 2 flies going around in the room, it smelled nasty like very humid and even smelled like cigarate smoke, the bathroom very small and the sink was out of the bathroom not convinient at all. ceiling paint was pealing off and the air condition was smelling nasty. I end it up NOT staying in the room and went to Holiday Inn for way less price and veryyyyyyyy nice rooms. So happy that I left that nasty place. Now is up u if u want to stay.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Yph29
Reviewed May 16, 2012

The price and the friendly staff was the best thing about the hotel. I was disappointed in the smoky smell (nonsmoking room), the noise all through both nights, the VERY thin walls, and the overall cleanliness of the entire building. We will not be returning again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Lisa B
Reviewed April 25, 2012

My husband and I walked into the hotel to check in for our three year anniversary...the lady at the front desk (gray haired old lady) said "let me do her first and get her out of this room" the then started arguing with another guest who had requested five dollars off because she had stayed here (we are still in the hotel) before. The front desk lady chastised her in front of us, tried to embarrass her and then gave her the money off but said at least four times in a not nice tone, I'm putting notes on your account we will never do this again, ever!!! (Being a previous customer service rep and front desk association at two large hotels, I was in shock). She checked us in while complaining about the previous customer to the other front desk staff who just arrived. (A young woman with dark hair who told her that what she saw wasn't really appropriate, nor worth the agruement she walked in on. I agreed with her and said so. So, about the room... There is a huge cigarette burn on the mattress, but the bed is comfortable. The tub, is so gross and yellow, I will not be taking an anniversary bath. There are places to eat everywhere, and a lot in walking distance, there is also a KMart across the street. At 11 our trip went from, slightly annoying to full blown, never again will we stay here when there was a floor wide state police drug bust all around us....it was insane. It ended at midnight, but what kills an anniversary trip like police pounding on the doors all around you, looking for drugs. (The walls are super thin here). They did not come to our room. When I went downstairs to the front desk, the gray haired lady said "it was workers they were after, it will be addressed in our morning staff meeting"... Seriously? Does she mean they were busting hotel workers sleeping at the hotel or the construction workers I saw here yesterday..I don't know, but I do know she did not apologize to me for it, and she certainly did not offer me anything for the problem.

Room Tip: Don't stay in smoking section if you don't want to hear people get raided for drugs
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple