“Great Vaule and Clean!”
Review of Crosswinds Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Crosswinds Motel
Ranked #11 of 27 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Reviewed May 9, 2009

I searched and searched for a hotel to stay at in Rehoboth Beach. I should have saved some time and just gone with the what others have rated the best in Rehoboth Beach.
We had never been to Rehoboth Beach and I wasn't sure where to stay since my daughter was playing in a ball tournament 20 minutes away. I didn't know if it would be better to be out by the outlets (which were closer to the fields) or to be in town? I'm glad we went with being in town.
We were happy with our pick of Crosswinds. We liked the location. I liked that it's in walking distance to the beach and most of the shops, but it's removed enough that you can get away from all the action. It was great to be able to walk everywhere in town! I also liked the fact that it wasn't a large motel. The rooms are in great shape, but they are very small. There were four of us and it was tight.
It's also been a while since I've stayed at a motel and I forgot how loud outside doors can be. We were awaken both days by others outside our room. That's what you get when you stay in a motel. Having said that they give you clean rooms that look modern and there's a mini fridge, flat screen and air purifier.
We were trying to save some money for this trip and Crosswinds fit the bill. It was nice that we didn't have to sacrifice clean comfortable rooms for that price.
Hit Dogfish Brewpub right next door!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank mirlow

Reviewed March 31, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the crosswinds on our honeymoon. It was our first time in Rehoboth and we decided to just wing it. We drove down Rehoboth Avenue and saw the Crosswinds. Took a chance and went in to inquire about a room. Rita, the manager was at the desk. She was fabulous. We got a great rate and she gave us lots of information on the best places to eat, shop, etc. The motel is within walking distance to many great restraunts,shops,and the boardwalk. The room was clean and the staff was very friendly. The attention we recieved was personal but not overbearing. Great experience-we will be back to the crosswinds!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
6  Thank jcandjc21
Reviewed March 25, 2009

Everything is Rehoboth is pricey, but the Crosswinds Motel is the exception. It is a basic motel, but with nice beds, LCD TV, Ipod docking station, and very clean. The rates are great and much lower than other places inside Rehoboth. The only downside it is a bit of the walk to the beach, but for the price park your car closer at a meter or take a nice walk.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with friends
6  Thank traveljunkiegirl
Reviewed November 2, 2008

Husband, teenage daughter, and I spent two nights at Crosswinds the beginning of June 2008 and found this motel to be very satisfactory and a good value for the money. Stayed Sunday and Monday nights, AAA rate was $90. The front desk person was very friendly and helpful, offered brochures and restaurant ideas, and on our last day after check out said we could keep our car at the motel until we were ready to leave that afternoon. Cleaning staff also very pleasant and friendly. Room was very clean, two beds, the sink outside the bathroom (always nice with a family), and the shower worked well. Room includes a small fridge , a small table and 2 chairs, and coffeemaker with coffee but I preferred the Starbucks across the street. Also a convenience store across the street, a bakery about a block away, and a bagel shop about 2 blocks away. Very convenient to have breakfast in the room. Crosswinds is very centrally located - we walked everywhere. It's on the main street 3 blocks to the beach and boardwalk (1 block is a long block) and many restaurants and shops that begin a few steps from the motel and go to the beach and one block on either side. On our long day at the beach with towels, blanket, chairs, umbrella, tote bag, would have been nice to be a little closer to the beach but not a major issue, and you could always drive to the boardwalk, drop off family and equipment, return to the motel, and the driver walk back. There's street parking but we understand in July and August it's difficutl to find a spot plus it's metered. There's no swimming pool and it's not a luxury motel, but I certainly would stay here again and recommend it to family and friends.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank Sharlou
Reviewed August 11, 2008

We chose to stay here after seeing that it was the #1 recommended place to stay in Rehoboth (according to TripAdvisor a few weeks ago). We were very pleasantly surprised by the staff's friendly and helpful nature. As others have mentioned on here, the room was very clean and recently updated, with simple but nice-looking furniture (especially when considering it is a motel) and the location, while just a tad far from the beach, is definitely within walking distance from everything right down Rehoboth Ave. We definitely plan to stay at the Crosswinds next year when we return to Rehoboth.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
6  Thank a_dc_traveler71
Reviewed July 28, 2008

This is a small, extremely well-maintained motel with very good rates. Staff is super-friendly and helpful; maid service is top-notch; the place appears to be freshly painted and it has newish carpets and furniture that (for motel furniture) borders on the hip!

However, do not confuse this with an upscale beach hotel. It's really more of a budget offering and very much a motel, with an extra attention to detail that you'll appreciate if you understand what you're getting. It has very small bathrooms and no pool, and it's about a half-mile walk to the beach. But you just won't get more for the price in Rehoboth.

It *is* very convenient to downtown shops and restaurants. There also are coffee makers and flat-screen TVs in the rooms; there is a convenience store across the street; you're perhaps 30 feet from the popular Dogfish Head brewpub.

If you can live with the long (but pleasant) walk to the beach, and understand that you're getting a basic but extremely well-maintained motel room backed by a terrific staff, I think you'll be happy here.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Frobozz
Reviewed July 28, 2008

I was visiting Rehoboth Beach for the first time on July 23 to pick up my oldest from field hockey camp at Cape Henlopen. After reviewing many many posts on this site - I came to the conclusion that Crosswinds would be the place. My two youngest were also accompanying me on the trip so I wanted the room to be close to everything. Rita was very helpful with directions and selection of activities.
The room was clean - had individually wrapped paper cups which came in very handy for us; Coffee and coffee maker, hair dryer and iron; flat screen tv and a dresser which housed a small frig and place for clothes.
The room was small so if you were staying for a long period of time that might be difficult and the toilet and shower room was also tight.
The only "problem" I encountered was the air conditioner was placed under the window and at the heads of the people sleeping closest to the window.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business