“Very, Very Pleased”
Review of Crosswinds Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Crosswinds Motel
Ranked #12 of 27 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
DC
“Very, Very Pleased”
Reviewed August 11, 2008

We chose to stay here after seeing that it was the #1 recommended place to stay in Rehoboth (according to TripAdvisor a few weeks ago). We were very pleasantly surprised by the staff's friendly and helpful nature. As others have mentioned on here, the room was very clean and recently updated, with simple but nice-looking furniture (especially when considering it is a motel) and the location, while just a tad far from the beach, is definitely within walking distance from everything right down Rehoboth Ave. We definitely plan to stay at the Crosswinds next year when we return to Rehoboth.

• Liked — clean rooms and friendly staff
  • Disliked — location (although it is is still very close to the beach comparatively speaking)
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
6 Thank deuxprop

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Alexandria, VA
Reviewed July 28, 2008

This is a small, extremely well-maintained motel with very good rates. Staff is super-friendly and helpful; maid service is top-notch; the place appears to be freshly painted and it has newish carpets and furniture that (for motel furniture) borders on the hip!

However, do not confuse this with an upscale beach hotel. It's really more of a budget offering and very much a motel, with an extra attention to detail that you'll appreciate if you understand what you're getting. It has very small bathrooms and no pool, and it's about a half-mile walk to the beach. But you just won't get more for the price in Rehoboth.

It *is* very convenient to downtown shops and restaurants. There also are coffee makers and flat-screen TVs in the rooms; there is a convenience store across the street; you're perhaps 30 feet from the popular Dogfish Head brewpub.

If you can live with the long (but pleasant) walk to the beach, and understand that you're getting a basic but extremely well-maintained motel room backed by a terrific staff, I think you'll be happy here.

• Liked — Value for money
  • Disliked — Distance to beach
2 Thank Frobozz
Harrisburg PA
Reviewed July 28, 2008

I was visiting Rehoboth Beach for the first time on July 23 to pick up my oldest from field hockey camp at Cape Henlopen. After reviewing many many posts on this site - I came to the conclusion that Crosswinds would be the place. My two youngest were also accompanying me on the trip so I wanted the room to be close to everything. Rita was very helpful with directions and selection of activities.
The room was clean - had individually wrapped paper cups which came in very handy for us; Coffee and coffee maker, hair dryer and iron; flat screen tv and a dresser which housed a small frig and place for clothes.
The room was small so if you were staying for a long period of time that might be difficult and the toilet and shower room was also tight.
The only "problem" I encountered was the air conditioner was placed under the window and at the heads of the people sleeping closest to the window.

• Liked — close to everything
  • Disliked — placement of air conditioning unit
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank GaelicnGarlic
Maryland
Reviewed July 25, 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Crosswinds last weekend and enjoyed it. It is the perfect location for us - 3 blocks from the beach in one direction and a few blocks from our favorite breakfast place in Rehoboth, the Crystal Restaurant, in the other direction. I found the staff at the Crosswinds to be the friendliest I've encountered in Rehoboth. The room was clean and well-equipped and the bed comfy. I also liked the walk to the beach although my husband thought it was a bit of a shlep with the beach chairs. I enjoyed the extra walking to walk off the subs, Thrashers fries, frozen custard, and other beach food. Thanks to Trip Advisor to point us to the Crosswinds. One point in making reservations - I made them online on the hotel website and then called to ask a question and left a message. When the person called back, she told us there was an upgraded room available that did not show up on the website. She was going to be looking into the discrepancy.

• Liked — Location on Rehoboth Avenue
  • Disliked — Motel feel
2 Thank JCinMD
New Jersey
Reviewed July 16, 2008

A friend of ours stayed at the Crosswinds as a last minute resort while down the shore. They loved it so much, the recommended the hotel to all of our friends, so of course my husband and I had to stay there while on our vacation. The guy at the front desk was extremely helpful and funny. He ensured us that everything would be taken care of while we were there and sure enough it was. I was recommended where the good restaraunts, put-put golf, and shopping places were. Everyone there was very friendly and very willing to help. The rooms were surprisingly nice, tidy, and uber comfy. Our room had a flat screen TV and smelled like fresh paint and cleaning supplies. Stayed at Hiltons before and paid 380.00 a night and had worse service and worse lookign rooms. For less than 120 bucks a night, this hotel was surely our number one pick. I will forever stay at the Crosswinds Motel for as long as it is still standing. Thanks a lot Crosswinds!

• Liked — Location,Price, Front Desk Help, Interior Decoration
  • Disliked — That its a Motel, not a Hotel. Deserves better!
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank Spotthejw
Herndon, Va
Reviewed July 5, 2008

I had never stayed at a hotel in Rehoboth before and so I really had to do my research for a place to stay. The Crosswinds came up in a search for local hotels/motels in a 3 block radius to the beach, and we could not have asked for anything better! This place was so cute, definitely better in person than in the pictures, and the lady at the front desk was just great! She was very helpful and oh so friendly! To be honest though, when we drove up to the hotel it looked a little shady but that immediately left my mind at check -in. My friend and I have already stated that we're coming back to Rehoboth at the end of summer and will definitely be staying at Crosswinds.
The perfect place to relax.... the beds are super comfy too!

• Liked — Service, Cleanliness
  • Disliked — nothing!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
5 Thank BeachBum0685
Alexandria/ Capitol Hill
Reviewed July 3, 2008

We traveled from Capitol Hill to spend the day at the beach. We were not planning to stay the night, but the kids had enjoyed themselves in Rehobeth and they kept pushing for us to get a room. We decided to walk in and inquire on prices and availability. Sure enough we were extremely lucky to have been helped by this wonderful lady named Rita. Everything made sense and we took the room. The rooms have been remodeled, so they are very clean and modern. There was a flat screen TV plus cable. Our room had two double beds that were really comfortable. It was very convenient and just a couple of blocks from the beach/ boardwalk. The boys were so happy and we owe it all to The Crosswinds Motel for making our unplanned stay an unforgetable one!

• Liked — Convenient and comfortable
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family