“Excellent place!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crosswinds Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Crosswinds Motel
You added Crosswinds Motel to your Saves list
Ranked #11 of 28 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
North East, MD
“Excellent place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We stayed in this hotel having decided to extend our trip one extra night and needing a cheaper place to stay in order to do so. On a Sunday night the rates were pretty good, so we choose the Crosswinds. Very simple place, no breakfast (the desk employee laughed at me when I asked) and only 20-some rooms, but with very nice little rooms. If you don't really use the living roomish half of most normal hotel rooms, you will not be bothered by the smaller size of these rooms. Nicely decorated, very comfortable and cozy.

The reason for the 4-star rating is the electronic door keys they use. They are proximity keys, so after holding them for a couple of seconds in the correct position, the door should unlock. It took us about 5 minutes to get into our room both times we needed to use the keys, after which we tried to only send one person out if it was only for a quick errand or to get something from the car, so the other person could open the door. The other slight inconvenience was that we called the front desk several times to get the wifi password with no answer, so we had to go down to the office and wait for the employee to return. It seems that only one person works at a time, which probably helps keep the cost low, so this is a minor compromise. Overall we really enjoyed this motel and will plan to return the next time we visit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Extremely close to beach, right in the middle of everything. Very clean room decorated more like a hotel. Excellent service!! My husband and I arrived late and they left keys for us in the mailbox! This is where we will be staying from now on. Excellent price too, you can't beat it.

Room Tip: There isn't a fitness center or restaurant
Abbottstown, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

A clean, up to date motel within walking distance of the beach and all of the shops. Staff were friendly and the rooms were clean, and not the smells like bleach kind of clean either. I will definitely stay here again, especially for the low price they charge.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank bdoyle87
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

I feel fortunate to have located this motel. It's just what I was looking for. Close to the beach, close to Dogfish, and clean modern rooms at a great rate. Highly recommended if you don't mind a short walk to the beach.

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank DudeAbides59
Oceanport, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I booked here because of a weekend wedding and rooms were blocked. I emailed, called months in advance and never received a response. I was told by the manager Rita she never received them.which I have proof she did receive my emails. So finally 2 weeks before the wedding I received a return call from Rita telling me if I don't call her with credit card info my fri and sat night reservation would be cancelled. I called and left her a message (they never answer the phone) and told her again I am there sat and Sunday not Friday. I was warned she is confused easily. After carefully reserving the correct dates and I was told 2 night min. We arrived at the motel late saturday because of a delay on the ferry, we were checked in by Curtis who was friendly. The next morning we went to the wedding ceremony and had an hour to freshen up before the reception. We stopped in the office to get a new parking tag (the one we had expired Sunday but we were reserved until Monday) we were told by Rita we only had sat night reservations she was hurried to tell us she can call another motel, with no explanation at all. I was thrown because I have an email stating I was reserved until Monday. And an email 2 night min? maybe they got more money from another party, who knows. No apology at all from Rita. She had no reaction but said she has no room for us we have to get out. Her reaction seemed like she was accustomed to this error on her part, regularly. She said it in a way you knew she said it before. It was a quick response to my questioning she did not pull up the emails and I did not have access to mine. But after I got home I sent a copy and of course no apology, no response. I am not surprised. This motel is poorly run. I emailed asking for the owner, who knows, maybe someday they will call me back. I will never stay there again and this motel gives rehobeth a bad name. I love that town.

Room Tip: Read reviews
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
12 Thank Karen S
Cumbola, Pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

My husband and I were in town for a wedding and booked a room at The Crosswinds. From the time we checked in until the time we checked out we were very happy with our choice. The room was very clean and the towels were the softest I have ever seen in a motel. The beds were comfotable with lots of pillows. We will stay here again when we return to Rehoboth.

Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

The was a perfect little motel! We were just feet away from Dog Fish Brewery and Rita is awesome. I forgot some clothes in one of the drawers and she is mailing them to me all the way back in CA!! How great is that!