“THIS MOTEL GOES ABOVE AND BEYOND!!!”
Review of Crosswinds Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Crosswinds Motel
Ranked #12 of 27 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Bridgeville, Delaware
“THIS MOTEL GOES ABOVE AND BEYOND!!!”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Myself and my husband wanted to get away this past weekend ..... I had reserved a room out on the highway... and later looked at the reviews and was horrified at what i saw...... so I hurried and started browsing the internet for somewhere else to stay before it was to late to cancel the reservation....I stumbled upon Crosswinds Motel.... I called and actually got to talk to a person ....which was nice..... she was so pleasant and friendly ......I knew this was going to be the place I was going to stay.... I called the other motel and cancelled ..... called crosswinds back..... and it was absoulutely no problem in getting a room.... I reserved it with the front desk..... when we got there ..... the location was ideal!!!! you get your own parking spot ..... your right on the avenue ...which was wonderful.... when we checked in .... it was very quick and easy .... we even snacked on homemade cake balls she made ....as we walked up to our room.... have you ever had something homemade when you checked in a motel??? didn't think so :) our room was emaculate..... cleanest room ever ..... classy and modern.... we had a wonderful night ..... i felt completely comfortable and safe...... we ordered dinner in..... the pizza guy was there in no time.... which i again comtribute to the awesome location...... and in the morning I was greeted with a friendly ...good morning ..... how was your evening..... i have nothing but good to say about this motel.... i plan to go back and visit every year..... this is my new getaway!!!!!

Room Tip: room 204..... faces the avenue!!!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank simon s

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Two years ago I had just had my baby girl and was in dire need of a vacation. I decided to take a last minute nostalgic trip to Rehoboth Beach. I grew up visiting this beach before it became trendy and expensive. I was having such a hard time finding something affordable and then I landed on Crosswinds motel. I was able to book a reservation without a hitch even though it was Labor day weekend. The room was big enough for my mother, I and my babygirl. It was immaculately clean and I loved the attention to detail (ie. the expensive toiletries). Although the parking lot is small, it is free and we never had a problem finding a space.
It's a few blocks away from the beach but there are nice restaurants and shops along the way. The upscale convenience store across the street has everything you could possibly need for your stay.
My cousin who lives in Delaware came to visit me at the beach and was so impressed at the price that they decided to rent a room as well.

Room Tip: We stayed on a higher floor and it was a pain carrying the stroller, the plack and play, and a ton o...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank arosero23
Maryland
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We stayed here a few years ago and I was just going to make another reservation because it was so nice! Will definitely stay here again. Very pleased with the price (unbeatable!) and the location.
Our check in was super easy and the people were quiet and friendly. The best part? It's right across the street from the greatest sushi restaurant in the world.
You just can't go wrong if you're looking for a cheap place to stay downtown rehoboth!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Westigail
Eliot Me
Reviewed February 10, 2013

we have stayed at Crosswinds twice now. Both times were off season. We love that they are right on the main drag to beach and next door to Dogfish Head. the rooms are clean, the beds are comfy and love having a Keurig coffee machine in room. we are not ones for hanging out at our hotel so no pool or restaurant is fine with us. we had a comfy bed, fresh coffee in the morning, and a place to park near the beach and only had to walk 90 steps from the Dogfish Head Brewpub after having 90 min IPA!! what more can you want? Only complaint was that in the last couple days of our stay our towels didn't get replenished. we went to front desk and she got us what we needed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Wheeling, West Virginia
Reviewed December 25, 2012

I have been going there every year since 1998 and it gets better each time. The rooms are extremely clean and the on sire parking is a bonus. Rita the manager has become like family to us as is the housekeeping staff who always go out of their way each and every day. It's fun each year to see what new upgrade has been made as the owner is a local and cares about his investment. It's not oceanfront but it's close and much more relaxed at this end of the avenue. I cannot even think of staying anywhere else.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank jeepguysWV
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Lovely place on the beach! Fantastic rooms and great staff gave us a brilliant stay. Thanks a million cross winds, we loved it. Stones throw from the beach too, what more can you ask for. The motel was a fantastic place to stay........ clean, modern and comfortable.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Jay P
Reviewed November 17, 2012

It has been a few years since I last stayed at the Crosswinds. It was nice to see familiar faces when I checked in. Even nicer, that I was remembered not just by the front desk staff but the housekeepers too. The rooms were just as clean and fresh smelling as I recalled but a couple of new things that quickly got my attention was the vanity area was different it appeared to be new (my last visit was 2009 ~ so I guess it could be a couple years old) and the Keurig coffee maker with nice quality coffee. I also loved the landscaping, I can't recall the flowers and bushes looking as nice the last time I was there, it was very inviting.

I've always liked this place. It is close enough to everything I want to do in town. I'm already starting to plan my visit in 2013.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo