“Outstanding value in a motel reminiscent of a boutique hotel”
Review of Crosswinds Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Crosswinds Motel
Ranked #10 of 27 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Located in downtown Rehoboth beach, right next to Dogfish Head Brewery--and numerous other restaurants--the rooms at Crosswinds are more like a boutique hotel than a beach motel. Yet a night's stay cost us less than half of a night at a cookie-cutter chain. Rooms are spotlessly clean, very nicely furnished, offer comfortable beds and linens, and are just a few minutes walk from the beach. Management is on site and it shows--thanks Rita! This was our second stay (I did mention Dogfish Head was right next door) and I'm already looking forward to another visit.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Bentman60
There are newer reviews for Crosswinds Motel

Reviewed October 6, 2012

We stayed one night at the Crosswinds back in June. I can't lie, we mostly picked this motel because it is so close to the Dogfish Head Pub (it was literally 50 steps from our second floor room to the front door of the pub). We were pleasantly surprised by the rest of our experience, though. Front desk staff were welcoming and accommodating. The room was simple but very clean. The A/C was a window unit but kept us cold all night. Parking was close, and covered. The motel is within walking distance to other shops, restaurants, and bars as well. We have never stayed anywhere that met all our expectations for such a low price. The motel isn't directly by the beach, so if that's your main attraction then you might want to take that into consideration.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Meagan_N_Jeff
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I have been staying at the Cross Winds for at least 20 plus years and can honestly say that the service, rooms, and the Manager Rita have been accommodating every time. The rooms are clean, staff are friendly, and Rita is always ready and available to help. Rita and her staff are the BEST and that's the reason why I choose to stay at the Cross Winds. Good Work ladies!!!!

Floss B.

Room Tip: Restaurants are close to the hotel. All of the rooms at the Cross Winds are exceptional and clean...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank FlossBJ
Reviewed September 22, 2012

The motel itself is nothing special, but the service is terrible. Here's how my experience with this motel went:
- I called to make a reservation and was quoted a rate of $70/night. When I get there, I find out they charged me $80. The receptionist assured me they will refund the difference.
- She promptly proceeds to give me keys to our rooms. The only problem was that one of the rooms was already occupied by another guest. What kind of motel doesn't know what rooms are available?
- After I let her know of the situation, she proceeds to give me another room, that another guest has refused because of incessant cracking noises in the bathroom. Since this was their last available room, mind you, it was this or find another place. So we wait with our baggage in front while the previous guest vacates the room, and the receptionist comes and changes the sheets.
- The room itself was ok, but the cracking noises made it for a poor night's sleep
- On our way over from dinner, the reason why this place is so mismanaged become apparent. We bumped into the receptionist, who was walking down the street with her b/f, so high that she almost bumped into us and didn't even recognize us. This while on duty.
- The next day upon checkout, I ask a different receptionist to refund the overpayment, she calls the manager (woman named Rita, who apparently is never there), and they assure me that this will happen
- One week later, and an email and a phone call later, the mythical Rita never returned my call, neither did she refund my money.

Don't stay here. It's a terrible experience.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
9  Thank Nic28970
Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

Been at big name hotels &motels their ok!
It was my first time to stay Rehoboth Beach
It was off season but that didn't make a difference
The Staff were still pleasent & helpful.
I made a right choice Crosswinds you feel at home.

• Stayed: September 2012
6  Thank Bill227
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Very clean and close enough to everything! This was our first visit to Rehoboth Beach and loved this place. yes, the room was small, but it was very clean and comfortable. We had two small children, but the walk to the beach was not bad with them. Would definitely stay again! I am guessing the blonde front desk person was Rita - so friendly and helpful, another staff was only ok. Cleaning ladies were very friendly too!!!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Vacation V
Reviewed August 22, 2012

The housekeeping staff is the reason I'm giving 4 stars. Yes, this place is cute - but $160/night cute? Not so much. They were sweet and funny/silly with my 3 year old, and were willing to let me change out of sandy clothes in a freshly cleaned room. Awesome women.

The front desk...well, I'm pretty low-maintenance, but one woman who was there several times through my 2-day stay was not exactly dedicated to customer service. Another fixed a problem quickly (room key only activated for one night). Also, for this price, I expect more than Motel 6 quality towels. The bath gel/shampoo were GREAT though, and housekeeping delivered once again. Keurig coffee maker nice upscale touch.

Nice and quiet at night despite very lively , fun central location.

Beach is a very short walk if you're with adults. With a stroller and 2 little kids, took a lot longer. :) If money were no issue, I'd definitely stay again. This may be on the cheap side, but as a first-time RB visitor, I'd look around for lower prices before I booked again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family