“Better than expected”
Review of The Crab House

The Crab House
Ranked #78 of 285 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: The Crab House is back! The best crabs in Rehoboth. Fresh steamed crabs, daily fresh seafood & raw bar at the forefront of The Crab House. Largest draft beer selection in the area. Eat in or Carry Out!
Reviewed August 19, 2014

What makes this crab house different is the GREAT beer selections, terrific appetizers good value for the specials and above all pleasant service...,on a recent visit the service was friendly and knowledgeable without being overdone, and in a place full of folks and lots of kiddies that says a lot. The crabs were well cooked, and well spiced, not the heaviest we have ever eaten but good eating. Stay away from the hushpuppies...they are leaden...other sides are good.
A good place to go for late lunch/early dinner as it can get a too busy later. Again the staff make the experience worthwhile...all 3 times we have gone

Brooke B, Manager at The Crab House, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2014

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to know our food and service exceeded your expectations!

Reviewed August 13, 2014

I ordered the stuffed flounder and my husband got the blackened salmon. We did not have to wait very long for our dinner and the service was great. Both the flounder and salmon was ok, but I have had better. The steamed crabs looked really good. I would go there again but order the all you can eat crabs.

Thank you for your review, we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed August 6, 2014

I think this would probably be a good place for a few friends to gather to eat crabs. At $42 per person for the all you can eat crabs, that was the only deal to be had. We paid $20 for 9 fried shrimp and a small bowl of salad, sorry, that's crazy. So, for crabs, maybe this is a good place, but for anything else, it's a pass!

We are sorry you feel this way. However, our prices depend on availability of product so they will change from time to time.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

We stopped at this restaurant on our way back to Ocean City after doing outlet shopping. This restaurant is conveniently located near the outlets. It seemed very busy so we figured that we would stop and try it. (Just a side note that my husband is allergic to shellfish so this was a big treat for me to eat seafood. He was willing to try the non-seafood items so that I could have seafood at a seafood restaurant. Normally, he gets very sick if he comes in contact, even through touch, with seafood. Bless his heart that he was willing to stop here!) We were able to get a seat promptly on this Monday evening at 5:45 pm. They have a large semi-circular bar area with tons of seating with tables set all around the bar and into another seating area. We sat on one of the high topped bar tables, away from most of the families, pounding away on their crabs. I was worried that my husband would have juice, shells, or meat "fly" in his direction so we sat away from most of the crabs being served. They did look awesome, though. I decided to have something other than the crabs so as not to risk activating his allergies. I shared his combination dinner which allows you to choose three items from the list of entrees and it is served by one side dish. He chose the tomato and cucumber salad and I also added a tomato and cucumber salad. We explained to our very nice server that he was extremely allergic to seafood and that I wanted shrimp as one of the three items on the combination platter, and asked politely if it would be possible that they put the shrimp on a totally separate plate, away from his chosen items (baby back ribs and rotisserie chicken). She said absolutely no problem and told us that she would have her manager come out and speak with us. The manager came out very soon after and explained how the food was cooked and asked quite a few questions. She went above and beyond what we expected. Most of the time, servers or kitchen staff get a little impatient when we explain how allergic he is to seafood. Not this place... very patient and very helpful. We felt very comfortable that his food would be kept totally separate from any seafood. He had absolutely no problem with his allergies following the meal. As for the food, the shrimp were very good and fried very well. It was not overcooked and just the right amount of light batter. No complaints. I shared a small rib off the baby back ribs and didn't find the ribs to my liking. They tasted a little like the seasoning on the ribs were more of a southwestern flavoring (perhaps it was made with Old Bay or some type of SW spices). Personally, I like my ribs with more sauce and a little sweeter rather than spicier. The rotisserie chicken was perfect, my husband said. So I will have to allow him to vouch for the chicken. He was not excited about the ribs either. However, like I said above, the service, the shrimp, and the chicken more than made up for the ribs. We would stop back here again if and when we come to the Rehobeth area. The price of the meal was typical of beach restaurants. And, just as a suggestion, the 3 item combo meal was perfect for two people if you add another side dish or appetizer.

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review. We take allergies very seriously and are pleased to know we were able to accommodate your husband's shellfish allergy!

Reviewed August 2, 2014

Was right next to the Rodeway Inn, so we gave it a try. Food was excellent, combos save you a little money. Great beer selection, nice beach atmosphere. Went a second time. Give it a try.

Thank you for your review, we hope to see you again soon!